Chapter 39

I was heading down when I heard a familiar voice and smiled, 'Hi Clint', I said when I spot him next to the kitchen island and shared smiled, 'Hi Y/n', he responds as I walk over and see his kids running around and having fun whilst Lila played around with Nat, and they both laugh.

'I didn't know you we're coming by', I tell him because he never called and mentioned it to me, 'I thought I'd come by and check in', he says as I nod whilst he looked over at his elder son, 'Cooper, help your little brother please', he instructed, and see Cooper proceed to help him up onto the sofa.

'So Y/n, Tony really let you have a pet in here', he says as I laugh to myself and nod, 'if he didn't, we wouldn't be on speaking terms right now and then I would've left', I said as the room filled with laughter.

'Of course you would', he says as I giggle and stroke her head with my index finger.

________

*Clint POV*

'Where's your little brother Cooper', I asked.

'With Y/n, in the library', he responds, and the team laugh amongst themselves.

'How did you guys meet again', Nat asked whilst I spin half way in my seat and smile, 'I was hired by a private contractor and was told to kill her', I reply.

'I didn't of course and it was just the last second that everything changed', I said.

If I hadn't looked passed the bow and seen her willingness to die and not fight for her life then I would've made a different call and she wouldn't here, but the outcome came out different.

'I made a different call', I said.

Just like Nat, I didn't want to make a mistake and I was glad of the outcome.

'How's she doing here anyway', I asked out of curiosity, I knew she found it hard to fit in in Coulson's team so I wanted to know her progress here.

'Fine, despite her injury and her obsession with doughnut's I say she's doing good here', Steve replied as they continued to laugh, and I nod.

'That's good', I said, 'she's very stubborn in her way's, so when me and Coulson convinced her, she decided on it, even though she didn't want to come, I think it was plurally because she didn't want to disappoint us, so she came here after her running away and the Sokovian accords', I explained.

'She ran away', Bruce repeats and I nod, 'Yeah, didn't she tell you', I asked and when him and Steve shook their heads I took that as my answer.

'When the accords were introduced, Coulson's team beside ours had to sign them, they did, but Y/n was the only one who didn't', I said, 'she told us that she wouldn't sign away her rights so Coulson didn't push but the government was growing impatient that she didn't, then they told her she could either sign them or go to the raft', I explained.

'So she signed them', Pietro asked.

'Not exactly, she took off and evaded the government for a better part of a year, the government was pissed and Coulson couldn't do anything about it', I explained.

No one could really do anything about it, there was only a limit on what the system had on Y/n so it was difficult for the director as well as the government to find her, which I guess was good for her.

'So, how did she get here, I mean she never signed the accords so what happened', Wanda questioned as I look over at her.

'Me and Coulson convinced her to come back and then suggested to join this team and she did with the acceptation she wouldn't sign her rights away so we agreed and she came here upon our wishes'.