Chapter 4

I only got one of my bags unpacked, in a room set up in the east wing, I wanted the room, is was far away from the team as I could get and just needed the extra space so I took the room despite Tony's convincing of a room closer to everyone and once he knew I wouldn't change my mind on it, he left me alone which I was happy about.

I reached downstairs when I saw the team with plates of food and before I could step out, Wanda invaded my space, so I had to take a step back from her whilst she presented me a plate, 'here you go, It was my turn to make dinner', she says with a cheer to her voice and I stare at her, then the plate, and then back at her whilst she beamed a smile at me.

When I took it off of her, she beamed brightly once again and took a seat next to the island whilst the rest of the team joined her and I look at the plate again.

I didn't want it, but I didn't want to decline her offer to, she looked like Simmons when she's happy and chipper about cooking, so I didn't want to crush her spirit when she looked excited, so I took it and instead of having dinner with the team, I walked across them, through the door and down the steps.

I set my plate down on the table and then looked over at the tree, the same one that had caught my attention when I entered the compound and walked towards it, strange indeed, I said to myself and began to examine it, the only possible way it could be here, still stuck to it's roots, is that they never knocked it down, but instead built around it.

I went back to the table, grabbed the water bottle and opened the cap as I walk back and poured it where all the green was showing.

Once it was emptied out, I sprung up to my full length and looked up at it again, the branches moving more as the wind swept in and I smiled to myself, 'that good huh', I said and then step back.

I take a seat at the table and then notice the team whilst they walk over and begin to occupy the other seats, 'we like to eat as a team', Steve tells me as he sits across me whilst the rest take their seats.

'We've never eaten down here before, but we can start', Pietro says as they chuckle and proceed to eat and then I'm slowly doing the same.

'Oh Y/n', Wanda calls out and I look over at her, 'you haven't met Bucky', she says, 'that's him over there, he likes to sleep in for whatever reason', she says and points out and I move my eyes over to a brooding hunk, who was sat next to Steve.

'Don't worry he's always Grumpy', Sam says whilst I see a warning in Bucky's eyes when he directs them to him and everyone laughs.

'So Y/n', Wanda says again, 'how was it in Coulson's team', she asks and when it falls silent, it's then I hear Coulson's voice drumming my mind, make friends, talk to them, you'll like them, and I only sigh to myself, I hate this, having to start again.

'Oka...', she begins but I'm already interrupting, 'it was fine', I simply say and it sparks a smile from her, 'see, she's not a mute', she says to the rest of the team and I ignore the notion, do I look like a mute to them.

'Anyway', she drawls, 'do you like the food', she asks and I only nod, 'great, there's enough for seconds if you want anymore', she states.

'I'm good with this', I said and she smiles again.

________

I was walking along the corridor and looking at all the paintings, the statues, the mummies, and every other history piece this museum had, I've actually been to a couple, but none as big as this.

My favourite part whilst taking in the exhibitions, was the dinosaurs, once the exhibitor explained what they we're, I grew fascinated with it all and felt animated when I read each and every plaque, describing the Dino, what kind of species they we're, how many sets of teeth they had, the life expectancy, how many years ago they lived until the asteroid strike, etc, etc.