Chapter 7

I was walking down when I saw Bucky coming up and we lock eyes, we haven't spoken to each other since the mission and from what I heard from Coulson, he saved my life and got me out of the building when I wasn't able to, so until this point, it's been silent glances at each other.

When I walked passed him, I made it to the next set of stairs when I caught him looking at me again, and at this point I just grew frustrated because, I'm not about to make this last forever.

'What', I said and he stopped in the middle of the staircase and looked down at me, 'if you want to tell me something, now's the time', I suggest.

'Nothing', he replies and I nod, 'okay then', I said and when I continued to walk down, I stopped when he said my name and I glance up at him again, 'thanks for saving me', he says and I furrow my brows, 'even though you didn't need to take the bullet for me, thank you for doing it anyway', he says and I continue to stare at him, honestly I only did that because it was out of instinct for me, I'd do it for anyone and I wouldn't think twice about it.

'Your welcome', I said, because I had nothing else to say and when the moment passed, I watched him take a few more steps up until I stopped him this time, 'Bucky', I call out and watch his eyes follow back to me, 'thank you for saving me too', I said and he gives me a curt nod, 'you're welcome', he says and then there's another moment again, until he breaks it and walks back upstairs.

'And Bucky', I call out before he could disappear from my line of sight, 'Just because we saved each other, doesn't mean I hate you any less', I state and I could've sworn I saw the gleam in his eyes and his mouth switch up into a smile until it disappeared.

'That's fine by me', he says, 'I'm in the winning streak, your falling behind by four winnings', he says and I scoff and then watch him disappear, oh I can definitely catch up and will make this so very difficult, I thought then I continued to walk down.

________

'That's what happens when you challenge me', I said to Bucky who was all but fuming at this point and I laugh at the victory, 'next time you'll think twice about what I'm capable of', I say and then sip on my coffee like this doesn't faze me, '...I'll except your surrender now', I said and it's then he scoffs to the idea and stares at me with a fire burning in his eyes, 'that'll only happen in your dreams, you took this too far', he says and I roll my eyes, 'now I'm going to go ten folds', he warns and I'm rolling them again until I heard the doors swing open and when we look over, we see the team look over at us.

'Seriously, I thought we we're making progress', Steve says and the rest are laughing at Bucky who was all pink from the shoulders down, 'if progress means we hate each other more now, your right', I said and he shakes his head whilst the rest continue.

'We should take a picture', Sam suggest but before he could make a move to his phone, Bucky stopped him with a low growl, a warning to him, 'do it Sam and I murder you whilst you sleep', he says and then gives me one last look and walks back to his room, 'the pink panther called, he wants his clothes back', I yell after him and he only ignores me, walks down and then I head the slam of his door, whilst I smile to myself, try beating that.

I said to myself and walked down to my own room.

________

'Are you actually fucking serious', I said and hear Coulson sigh, 'Y/n, your language...', he begins but I ignore him, 'you do realise this is her fault right', I said and then when I wanted to continue, I looked over to the women who had just came in, 'General Hale', Coulson said and I watch her mask slip, her, I recognised her all to well, and I'm presuming she knows me too.

'Coulson', she says and walks in, 'I thought we we're having this meeting in private', she adds and he nods, 'we are, I'm just finishing up, General Talbot will be a few minutes late', he states and I watch her nod.