Chapter 34

*A Month later*

*Bucky POV*

The mission was a complete disaster, Nat got hurt when she found herself fighting someone new, someone skilled enough to hurt her badly, so Sam had to be the one to help her back to the jet since he partnered up with her.

'Everyone keeps an eye out', Steve tells us through the comms and I take my icer out and begin to shoot, I would have liked to use my gun, but Steve took it off of me a couple weeks after we lost Y/n, I wasn't in the right head space and I used everyone as my target, so Steve rightfully took my weapon away and put me back out on the field.

But now that I'm out here, I need something to kill, if it weren't for there Hydra agents my best friend wouldn't be dead right now.

What's worse, is that I can't grieve her properly, after weeks of searching, we didn't find a body or anything to indicate she had gotten swept away onto a near by beach or something, I spent, day and night looking for her with Y/n's kitten, who wasn't doing so good since Y/n's been gone.

She's been crying out in the compound and roams around everywhere trying to look for Y/n and at some point we all just took pity on her and decided to have her with someone at all times and that someone was me, if she's the last thing I had to remember Y/n by, then she's staying with me forever and we can both miss her together.

I got back to the present and turned the barrel of my gun to an agent and when I was going to pull the trigger back, something instantly collided with my hand and the gun falls to the other side of the room.

When I look up, I see a figure in the shadows first, there wasn't much I could make out until they stepped out and I watch them charge towards us.

When they moved over to Wanda and Thor, I quickly made my way through the agents and got to them.

The pair of them we're already busy, so they had no idea what was going to happen next, and when my hunch was right, I grab them and throw them back.

Then I'm watching as they pick themselves up and moves their eyes to me, then my brows furrow together, because I've seen the same angry eyes before.

When she charges me, I grab her arms and pull her against me, which only pissed her off more and she began to struggle, but I kept her pinned and stare at her face, I couldn't see her underneath the mask, but I knew her eyes all to well, and I knew this was her.

'Y/n', I mutter in disbelief and she get's the upper hand when I loosen my grip.

Then I let my hand fall to my side and let her hit me, 'Y/n, it's me', I tell her when her fist meet my cheek, 'Y/n, it's me, it's Bucky', I tell her again but she still carries on and pushes me into Wanda and Thor who had taken down the agents.

When I saw Wanda's hand come up, I grab it first and step between them, 'No', I tell her and without another word I turn around and I'm shocked again, because this time, I'm seeing her hover over us, she's flying and it took me by surprise.

Then she used her powers and Wanda is quick to deflect it with Vision helping her this time and I notice the rest of the team are here now.

'No one hurts her', I tell all of them and they look at me like I've lost my mind.

'If she hurts us, she'll definitely get hurt', Loki states and I stare at him, 'No one touches or hurts her', I repeat myself again and see their confusion.

'It's Y/n', I tell them and now they're shocked.

'How do you know that', Pietro asks.

'Because I recognise her eyes and it's her', I reply.