Chapter 23

I was in the middle of my book when I bumped into a hard body and look up to see Bucky towering over me, 'sorry', I said then step back from him and watch a smile play on his face until it disappears.

'It's fine', he tells me and points a thumb behind him, 'your needed in the conference room', he adds and I look at him with narrowed eyes, 'I didn't know we had a meeting scheduled today', I said.

'We don't', he responds, 'the calls from the academy', he adds and I'm beginning to understand and follow him down to where I'm needed.

'What's this about', I ask, hoping he'd know but he only shrugs his shoulders, 'I don't know', he responds and then opens the door for me, so I walk in with him following close behind and shutting the door behind him.

'Agent Y/n', I heard and look over to see Agent Flynn on the holographic monitor, 'what's wrong', I ask because I could see the worry etched in his brows, 'well, there's actually two problems', he responds, 'the first is there was a small fire', he begins.

'You've set the compound on fire', I said, and sigh, 'I'm coming over', I announce but he shakes his head, 'no, it's not that big of a deal, besides we extinguished it', he tells me.

'How bad is the damage', I ask this time.

'Just a room where we put the fax machines, someone thought plugging them into one outlet was a smart idea but we put it out before the fire could spread', he explains and I'm relaxing a little, as long as it wasn't a huge fire and there weren't any casualties, then it was fine.

'Send me the details of everything that was destroyed, I'll pay for the damages', I said and then look over at him again, 'what was the second thing', I ask.

'It's Bryyne', he replies, 'he's sick', he adds.

'Tell him to get some rest and he's off missions until he's better', I said, but he only moves a hand over his scruff, 'that's the thing, he won't get any rest, we tried telling him to get some rest since you guys left, but he just won't listen', he tells me and I sigh, Byrne hates being sick, he'd rather power through without thinking about what it would do to his body.

'So, we gave him some medicine to help, but he accidentally drank the non drowsy kind of flue medicine', he says and I'm confused until Brynne comes wheeling into the room in a chair, 'oh my god Flynn, did you know the walls can talk', he says whilst circling him, 'they have eyes too', he adds and laughs aloud.

'Where are my drugs, I'm feeling wheezy', he slurs until Flynn stops his chair and then a three agents come inside, 'sorry, he keeps moving so fast we lost track of him', Agent Langley says and try to grab him but he fight them off of him, 'hey, no, I'm in charge, so your not allowed to touch me', Brynne yells at them but when one of the agents grabs him, he pushes her away and she hits her head on the wall, so it's then I step in and grab Brynne.

Then I try to put him back into his seat, but he fights me and it's then Bucky, Steve and Thor hold him to his chair, 'Brynne, you need to calm down', Steve tells him but he only struggles against them.

'What did you guys give him', I ask Flynn whilst he helps agent lee up from where she fell, 'he drank a whole bottle of non drowsy medicine instead of the normal kind', he responds and then another agent comes in with something in his hands.

'I got the right one, this one should knock him out for a couple of hours', he states and then walks over to him, 'here you go Brynne, this is the drug you wanted', he says to him and it's then he stops struggling, snatches it out of his hands and chugs it down.

'Put him to bed and look after him', I instruct Flynn and he shares a small nod, 'I will', he replies.

________