Chapter 12

I grabbed one tea, one coffee and a selection of muffins as I walked around the bend and got into Arthurs shop and the first thing I see was his bright smile as I closed the door, 'Morning Arthur', I said as he walked over with his cane, 'morning Y/n', he responded as he leads me to the sitting area he had in his shop and sat down whilst I did too, 'I didn't know how much sugar you take so I brought some sachets', I said as he nods.

'I'll have two please', he instructed as I nodded again, took the lid off of his tea, and emptied the two sachets into his mug as it dissolved into the warm liquid, and I gave it a quick stir, so it was well incorporated.

'I was afraid you wouldn't come by, because I missed you yesterday', he says as I nod and put the lid back on, 'oh uhm, yeah, I was meant to, but I had to visit a friend that passed away and I just wanted to pay my respects', I explained as he nods and sips on his tea once I handed it to him, 'I got muffins, I didn't know which one you'd like so I got a few', I said.

'I'll have a Blueberry muffin', he replied as I nod, take the one I had in the packet and hand it to him, 'thank you', he replied as I nod and drink my coffee.

________

He got to know me a lot and I did too, and when he told me about my grandmother and showed me pictures, I fell more into conversation, I didn't really know anything about her, but he told me stories about what she was like and what she did for them, and now I wished that I could have met her, I would've loved that.

Just when I had to hand him his medicine because he forgot to take them, Bucky walked in and walked over to us as I sighed, 'what the hell are you doing here', I said.

'I wanted to get some books', he begins but when I scoff, he stops talking, 'you're not getting anything, go pick another bookstore and bother someone else', I said.

'Y/n, be nice, now, who's your friend', Arthur interrupted as I look back at him and sigh, 'He's not my friend, more of an annoying pain in my backside', I said whilst he stood up from his seat and shook his head, 'ignore her, stubbornness is part of her family and she certainly got it from her grandmother', he says as I scoffed and sat back in my seat as I folded my arms, 'I'm Arthur', he says.

'Bucky', he responds.

'Okay, now that you've met, get out', I said as their hands part and Arthur gave me a look, 'be nice Y/n', he says.

'I am nice, just not to people like him', I said as he takes a seat whilst Bucky takes the vacant one beside me whilst I stare at him, 'you do know I hate you, so, why are you here', I questioned.

'Y/n, behave or else I don't talk about your grandmother to you', he says as I sighed at him and became frustrated.

*Bucky POV*

I watch her death stare when I take a seat and chuckle to myself, even though we've been going back and forth, it's fun to see her angry and worked up, its funny and she makes it look adorable, which I shouldn't really be viewing like that, because I know just how deadly she really is, but I don't care, it's still adorable and funny.

'You do know I hate you right', she states, 'so why the hell are you here', she asks and when I opened my mouth for a response, Arthur interrupted, 'Y/n, be nice remember', Arthur tells her which she only scoffs at and I watch her face turn into a frown, which makes me laugh, but I keep it to myself, 'when hell freezes over', she replies and Arthur shakes his head, 'overly stubborn like always', he muttered and I'm then watching her brows furrow together again, 'I'm not her remember', she says and he looks at her and nods, 'right I keep forgetting', he replies and they fall into conversation whilst I watch her and listen.

________

I didn't really think I'd see the day she smiled, but I was wrong, she smiled so big it reached ear to ear, I don't know what Arthur just told her about her grandmother, but she smiled and even laugh that the noise was foreign to me at first, but soon was so beautiful that it matched her, I was enthralled, it was captivating that I kept staring so I didn't miss anything new her face did, she looked beautiful.