Chapter 18

I woke to my head throbbing with pain, but that was more my fault, after the funeral last week, I locked myself in my room and stayed there, so now, not only do I have a headache, but my stomach was rumbling so hard that I was sure the whole compound could hear it, so that was particularly my fault, I hadn't eaten or dranken anything after the night I left Arthurs funeral and to be honest my body was really starting to feel the effects of that.

Just when I climbed out of bed and put a black robe over me, I stepped over to the door but instantly fell as the sling ricochet and I groaned whilst hearing a knock on the door, 'One second', I said whilst taking the strap off, shoved it under the blanket and walked over to the door.

As soon as I opened it, I saw Bucky stood there with worry, 'are you okay, what happened', he says as I nod, 'I'm okay, I just fell', I said whilst seeing that he became relieved. Honestly, he's been doing that since Arthur's funeral, I mean, knocking on my door to see if I was okay and of course me being me, I just ignored him and went back to staring out the window and I'd just completely felt bad for ignoring him and everyone else that came to my door, but it was mostly him anyway.

After Vivian, I honestly just locked myself up in my room so I didn't give the team shit and say something I'd regret.

When I was just about to say something, we heard my stomach again and he just gave me a look, 'let's go, we should eat something', he suggests as I wrap myself up tighter and shook my head, 'I don't want to go downstairs', I said as he sighed, 'Fine let's go out and eat', he suggested again and I just simply nod, I had no energy to argue, I had a feeling he was going to win anyway.

________

I watched as Bucky smiled and talked to the market stand owner whilst I held the food and he brought some peaches, 'mulțumesc', he says as I stare at him, he knows Romanian, one of the languages I know too.

'Come on', he says, looking back at me when he gave the old women the money for the plums he brought, 'ta schimbarea', she says as we look back at her and again he gives her a smile and says, 'A pastra aceasta', he says as she nods, and we walk away to find a seat.

Once we did, we sat down as he unwrapped the food containers and I looked at everything, I didn't know what this type of food was, but it looked intriguing and delicious, well I hope it is anyway.

He handed me a pair of wooden sticks as I watched him break his in two, so I followed the same process and pulled it apart like he did.

I had no idea how to do this, I've never eaten with sticks before, knives and forks, yes, but this was different, how am I supposed to eat it.

Just when I was going to ask for some proper cutlery, I internally shut my mouth because I knew I'd say something wrong and I didn't want to offend someone that overheard me, but I didn't know how to use these, there was no pointy edges like they have on a fork to pick your food with, instead, it was a simple stick, well two anyway.

Bucky for some reason put his sticks down after putting one of the pieces in his mouth and reached out to the sticks I had in my hand, I think he could see the questions running through my head and he'd be correct, 'hold it like this', he says, directing my hand the way it should be held as I watched, he made me hold it like two pencils with both bases touching each other and I held the other one against my ring finger and held it with the base of my thumb, 'move the top chopstick with your thumb, index finger and middle finger', he instructed as I did it and he gave me a proud nod, 'good, now try to pick one up', he says as I look at the containers and see which one to pick but he points at one for me, 'try the spicy tuna roll', he suggested again and I try picking it up. It fell the first time, I didn't think it would, but it fell back in the box, so I picked it up, this time, adding a little pressure so it didn't wobble out of my control and ate it.