Chapter 31

I lifted off the bed with ease and a wave confusion clouded over me when I drag my feet out of bed and slowly let them slide onto the tiled floor and walked out as I stare around and head down.

Once I reached the kitchen, I saw someone fumbling around the refrigerator, then their head peaked up and closed the fridge door with their leg and a mountain of snacks in their arms, 'oh wow Y/n, you're up, I was wondering when you were going to wake up', he says, setting down a bowl of fruit whilst I look around and without giving him a response, I move my feet again and wondered around.

Fresh paint had succumbed my nose as I made my way outside, the soil greet my feet when I stepped out into the cool breeze and walked into the field of grass.

When I found a decent enough area, I lay down and watched the stars, wow, if only Fitz Simmons were here, they'd be naming every constellation, the thought ran across my mind as my hands move up and I hover them above the air, trying to find a constellation, Mmm, how do we do it again, I asked.

I have no idea, I forgot, my other half responds.

'Y/n', someone called out, and then I'm quickly springing up and get to my feet.

When I turned around, I couldn't make out much, the security lights blinding their faces, so the only thing I saw we're body's walking towards me,  'do we have a new mission, Sir', I asked once the five of them we're close enough.

'That was good Y/n, I didn't know you had any jokes in you', the man, over to my right says as my brows pull together, what's he on about, the thought ran across my mind, whilst I saw Steve take a step over to me but before he could say anything, someone else interrupted.

'Come on Y/n, let's go inside, you could get cold out here', he says, moving his hand over to me, and on instinct, I flinch and jump back, 'don't touch me', I snapped as they all froze and I stepped back, '...please, don't touch me', I said as my left hand, met my right wrist and rung it around a little, to try and calm myself.

'Y/n, are you okay', Steve asks and I nod and look at him, 'I'm fine, I just don't like people touching me... I'm sorry', I explained, then see his hand return to his side.

'Y/n, I'm going to ask you a question and I want you to answer it honestly', Steve instructs as I furrow by brows, unsure of what he was talking about, but I nod and see what he was to say, 'who are we', he asked.

'Uhm... Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, Thor, and Loki', I respond and after a couple of minutes of uncomfortable silence, he spoke again, 'Y/n, who is this, standing beside me', he questioned as I peel my eyes from Steve and see the stranger before me, his blue eyes reflecting and resembling the ocean, his hair half in a bun and the dark features that resembled something dark and terrifying beneath, there was something familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it, 'I'm sorry, I don't know who he is, we've never met before', I respond and then see him step back in the corner of my eye whilst I traced my eyes back to the sky, above, it seemed clearer today, providing peace as I watch the fireflies gleam by.

*Bucky POV*

I stepped back, shocked and surprised, this has to be a joke right, she's joking with me right now, she has to remember me, she's all I have and I can't have her forget me, we've been through to much for her to forget me and honestly, I wouldn't be able to live without her by my side.

'We'll fix this, for now, introduce yourself and get her to know you', Sam says as they nod and I just look at them and then at her as she stares at the sky, come on Doll, please, don't do this to me now, the thought ran across my mind, when they headed in too give us some time alone.

'I'll bring a blanket and some snacks out', Steve suggests and then walks away as I continue to stare at her.

*End of POV*