Chapter 9

I walked up the stairs of a now empty compound, the team we're on their vacation, and as far as I know, Nat went to see her sister, Wanda and Vision went to some fancy hotel, Sam went to his sister, Pietro got tickets to an football match with an all you can eat buffet, which he was only excited about, Thor and Loki went to new Asgard and Steve and Bucky, I had no idea, But now I was the only one left at the compound and I liked the peace and quiet.

I headed back in when I had my daily fill of watching the sunrise wake up the sky and headed to the kitchen when I suddenly saw Steve and Bucky having a cup of coffee and I headed over to fill one too.

Surprising, did you know they we're here, the voice questioned as I shook my head a little, and was thankful that it wasn't the mean voice, she's always mean to me.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket once I felt the buzz and picked it up to hear Coulson's voice, 'How are you Y/n', he asked as I nod.

'I'm fine', I replied as he chuckled a little, 'good, I was just ringing to ask you what you needed, I got your voicemail, but I didn't hear anything', he says as my brows furrowed and filled my cup once the coffee was done.

Did I ring him, when, I questioned as I shook my head a little, 'I can't remember, what was it about', I asked.

'I don't know, that's why I'm asking you', he says as I shook my head again, 'it must have been an accident', I implied.

'Okay, well if you remember, let me know', he suggests as I put it back and heard something on his side of the call, '...I need to go Y/n, I'll speak to you soon', he says as I nodded again, and he hung up, so I stuffed it back into my pocket.

I was about to take the stairs up when I heard Steve's voice and turned to him, 'do you want to go grab some breakfast Y/n', he questioned as I shook my head once again, 'I'm not hungry', I said as he put his mug in the sink, 'then why's your stomach growling, I can hear it from here', he says as I sighed under my breath, traitor, the thought ran across my mind when I was about to respond but he interrupted, 'you said last time you would come, so we should go today and I'm not taking no as an answer', he says as I became frustrated, and put my mug down before I threw it at him because he was being ridiculous, I honestly forgot about the promise I made him a few weeks ago and seeing as I don't go against my word, I relented and said I would go.

'Fine', I muttered, the sooner I get this done, the better, the thought ran across my mind as I followed him out whilst Bucky stood beside him, 'Great, two annoying idiots', I muttered under my breath.

'We're not annoying', Steve says as I sighed at him whilst he chuckled, and I rolled my eyes a little.

________

I sat down on the table we found vacant whilst Steve gave me my wrap or whatever it was anyway. I unwrapped it when they did and stared at it, how do we eat it, she asked as I shrug my shoulders a little, do we get a knife and fork, I asked.

I have no idea, she responded as I keep staring at it, 'is something wrong Y/n', Steve asked as I look up at him, ask him, she says.

'What is it', I asked as they both stared at me, blankly, 'a breakfast burrito', he responded as I nod my head a little, ask him the other question now, she says.

I'm going to get laughed at, I responded as she shook her head, no we won't, ask, she repeated.

'How do I eat it', I asked as he handed me half of my burrito and I took it whilst seeing, eggs, cheese, small pieces of hash browns, peppers, and some other things, 'now take a bite', he instructed as I look at him and then back at it as I did what he instructed, and they smiled a little.