Chapter 35

*Bucky POV*

'Three weeks and nothing', I said and push my plate of food away from me, for the last time, I haven't eaten much since she's gone and honestly, it was like she was wiped off of the face of the world and no trace of her was left, except for the evidence in her room with all her things and the letters she sends us via Owl, which by the way has been taunting me every time we come up empty, but I'm not giving up, whether she likes it or not, I will have her back to me again.

'I'm going out', I said, then proceed to get up and see their eyes on me and I could practically hear their silence when I walked out, with the little kitten sat under my shirt and on top of my chest, which was her new found spot to sleep in and she loved it.

'Bucky, you need to slow down', Nat tells me but I ignore her with the rest of the team behind me, 'she's right Buck, we just need to take it a step at a time', Steve says as a sigh follows after and I just shake my head, I hate this so much, I tell myself.

I'm then looking out when I hear the roar of a motorcycle engine coming towards us and stops just near us.

Then the figure is taking his helmet off and I immediately recognise him to be Spencer, I met him with Steve and Nat when Y/n went to visit a friend, Vivian, and he showed up.

'Spencer, how are you', Nat asks and a smile spreads wide on his face, 'I'm good, and you', he responds and she shrugs, 'never better', she replies, 'what are you doing here', she asks next.

'Steve asked for a favour, I came to deliver', he says and I'm confused as I watch him take a note out of his pocket, 'the location', he states and Steve takes it off of him, 'thank you Spencer, I was beginning to wonder if it wasn't possible', he tells him and he shakes his head.

'Y/n might have caught onto you guys following her owl, but not me', he says and I step forward, 'you found her', I ask and he looks at me and nods, 'you'll definitely find her there, but be quick, I hear she'll change her location', he explains and I take the piece of paper from Steve and look at the coordinates.

'Let's go get her', Wanda tells the team and they're all following her, 'thank you Spencer, if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask', Steve tells him and shakes his hand, 'actually there is', he states, 'don't tell her I found her, I'm not ready to die yet', he says and Steve's laughing and catching up with the team.

When I make a move to leave too, Spencer stops me, 'Sargent Barnes', he calls out and I turn my head and look at him, 'I've loved her too', he tells me, 'she just wasn't ready to let me in, I hope she does with you', he says, 'she's special and very, very unique', he adds and I nod.

'I know', I tell him, 'I love her so I won't give up on her', I add and he smiles again and nods, 'I can tell, I had the same puppy love for her too', he tells me, 'things have changed, and I've met someone who loves me too, so for Y/n, I hope she loves and opens up to you, she deserves it', he states.

'She already has', I said, 'she's a unique blend of smart, funny, beautiful, and crazy and I love every part of her', I explain, because I do, 'and it isn't mutual, she loves every part of me too', I add and he smiles.

'I'd say ninety nine percent crazy', he says and I give him a look that he laughs too and puts his hands out in a surrender position, 'I was joking', he says and puts his hand down, 'I better get going, the misses is expected me back', he says and puts his helmet back on, 'I'm expecting an invitation to the wedding by the way', he tells me and my mouth curves into the tiniest smile when he drives off.

________

The co – ordinates took us to a jungle in Argentina and let's just say it was the middle of nowhere, just miles and miles of trees and animal habitat.