Chapter 44

I was walking down to the garage when I found no one around the compound, so I figured the team we're all with Drift, seeing as they we're so intrigued with him yesterday, I wouldn't blame them.

'Step off', I heard the familiar voice and recognised it to be my own, 'You don't back off, I will put you down', it says.

When I stepped in and saw them seated on the couch they must have pulled in here, and Bucky being the first to turn his head and look at me, whilst I stared at the white sheet and saw a projection of myself and a few other people.

'What are you doing', I asked and then they all turned to me, 'watching you, Drift has a lot of recording off you', Pietro answered and I look back at the screen whilst Bucky's hand grips onto mine and he pushes me back onto the seat next to him and I laugh a little, 'why are you watching it', I asked him.

'Because we wanted to', he says and I shake my head, tuck myself into him, and then stare at the screen whilst it changed into another clip, and I see myself staring at a car that had caught my attention and I walk over to it, 'Y/n', Oscar stops me in my tracks and I look over at him with the dealership owner, 'have you picked out a car yet', he asks and I make a quick second decision and nod, 'this one', I point out and Oscar gives me a look, 'really, that one', he asks with a little condescending and I nod, 'yes, what's wrong with it', I ask this time.

'It's run down and old', he replies and I look at it again, 'and I'll fix it right up', I said, 'it'll be great, I want this one', I said and look at Oscar who then looks at the man beside him, 'could you please give us a moment', he tells him and then he nods and walks back inside.

'Y/n, choose another car, this one will just keep breaking down, even when and if you fix it up', he says and I'm frowning at him, 'I don't want another, I want this one', I tell him and he sighs, 'I know you like it, but it's not going to get you to point A to B', he explains to me and I move my hand over the hood of the car, 'this isn't going to be suitable, a car is supposed to be convenient and you can trust one hundred percent that it won't break down in the middle of nowhere where you'll be stranded', he says and I'm sighing to myself again, 'I know this is nice, but you have to pick a car more convenient for you, so please could you', he asks and I look up at him, 'fine', I sigh, 'you pick a car more convenient for me, I don't care', I said and then walk away from him.

Then the clip changes with the same car that caught my attention in the compound where I had kept everyone, 'Y/n', Oscar calls out to me when he jumps out of the car and I turn to him, 'you got it', I said with the happiest smile, 'yes, so it's you're responsibility', he says and I jump in excitement and hug him, 'thank you, thank you, thank you', I chime and he laughs and shakes his head with the team doing the same in the present.

________

'Evie', I called out in the projection, and looked around, 'Evie', I repeat again and see myself reaching for my gun and then taking it out.

When I reached inside, I draw my gun, and looked around for her and when I moved into the living space, I locked eyes on a barrel and looked up, 'Evie', I called out and slowly put my gun down whilst she trembled, 'It's me, don't shoot', I said and when she took a moment, she put it down and a flood of tears flow down her cheeks and I quickly head to her and hug her, 'you're okay, your going to be fine now', I soothed and felt her shaky breath on my neck.

She looks like the same as I remembered, short curly hair, the colour of mine, flawless rounded face, burgundy red lip, a short pointed nose that had little specks of freckles, and her eyes as bright as my own, she looked beautiful and just like the big sister I remember, a teddy bear and the heart of gold.

'I shot him, it was an accident', she muttered.

'He was trying to brake in, you did what you had to do', I said in the video and then stared at her, '...where is he', I asked, I saw the blood, but nothing else, so it weird that I didn't see a dead body here.