𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑. He stumbled towards his stepsisters, they already smelling the liquor coming out of his mouth.

"I can see a secret about you both, my dear stepsisters." Mad Thomas said as Taylor grimaced at Thomas' horrible hair and teeth and everything.

"And a good day to you, our dear stepbrother." Sarah Fier said for both of them, she was going to push Thomas out of the way, but he stopped them.

"Don't you want to hear it, pretty girls? Good girls." Thomas said, and the Fier sisters confirmed that he was drunk, Sarah and Taylor took his hands out of their cheeks.

When they finally saw Lizzie Schmidt's light, they shared a look smiling, before turning around, getting startled when they saw a sleepy Florence Fier.

"Florence!" Emmeline Fier whispered, a bit startled, as Florence was rubbing her eyes.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Sarah Fier asked, crossing her arms, Florence smiled tiredly, before hugging their sisters, surprising them.

"Hope you enjoy the fruits of the land." Florence joked, before going to her bed, to sleep again. The sisters chuckled before they walked towards their front door, Emmeline said her goodbyes to her sisters, as the twins met up with Lizzie in the woods.

"The berries make you see the world beyond our own. Just one bite." Lizzie said, leading the way, Hannah Miller and Taylor Fier were walking side by side as Sarah and Amelia Wright were too.

"What does an old lady need with that?" Sarah asked, frowning.

"She's not just an old lady. The Widow's 1,000 years old. She drinks the blood of virgins to keep her youth." Lizzie said as the cold wind gave them a freezing hug, good thing that they had their coats.

"Well, you're safe then." Sarah joked, earning a glare from Lizzie and a few chuckles from the others.

"She sacrificed her husband to become the Devil's bride. That's how she gained eternal life." Lizzie continued her chilling story about the eternal life of the Widow.

"Well, I heard she kept the company of the natives, and that she even fell in love with one. That's why she was exiled. She learned their medicine too." Sarah told her story of the Widow Lane, as Taylor put her hands on Lizzie's shoulders.

"Lizzie's story is better," Taylor said, shooting a wink toward Sarah, Lizzie and the others laughed as Sarah glared at her twin sister.

"Who told you that?" Amelia asked as she eyed Sarah, she gave the curly-haired girl a toothy smile, before looking forward.

"Solomon told me. He took his wife to her after they lost their child, but it was too late." Sarah explained, answering Amelia's question. Before anyone could answer, a chilly wind hugged them, making them feel cold and have chills on their spine.

"Are you sure this is the right way?" Hannah asked, a bit worried now. "How do you know where we're going?" Hannah asked, Lizzie turned around facing the twins and their company as Hannah pressed the robe into her body.

"I and Emma have been there before. Remember when Abigail had her ring of fire?" Lizzie jokes, moving the latter side to side, the twins laughing at the memory.

"She was scratching like a dog during Father's sermon, Emma helped her scratch," Hannah said, making the others laugh. "Mother told me she'd laid with a demon," Hannah said, her voice turning to a more terrified one.

"Yeah, if that demon is called Emmeline Fier, I'll buy it." Taylor joked, earning chuckles from the others.

"The Emmeline Fier's gift." Sarah joked with her twin, laughing as she looked over at her twin.

"Well, whoever she lay with, Abbi made me go to the Widow with her." Lizzie said, interrupting Sarah and Taylor's mocking towards her older sister, the twins rolling their eyes at the ' whoever she lay with '.

"And the Widow fixed her with witchcraft?" Amelia asked in a joking way, earning a playful glare from Taylor.

"Yes, witchcraft. And some foul-smelling paste made for whores like Abbi Berman." Lizzie jokes, earning a nudge from Sarah and a chuckle from Taylor.

"Hey, don't talk to my sister-in-law like that." Sarah joked with a playful frown, Lizzie and the others laughed at her joke as they continued walking towards the Widow.

After a few minutes of walking through the woods, the only thing shining their way was the lantern, they finally got to the Widow's house, stopping right in front of it.

"Are we sure about this?" Amelia asked, a bit of worry in her tone. Her question was ignored as Lizzie stepped inside the house, being followed by Sarah, Hannah, Taylor, and Amelia, calling for the Widow as they entered the house, but she didn't answer, nor the first time nor the second time.

The house was pretty scary, the witch things give the house a chilling aesthetic, and the fire crackling and the crow cawing didn't help to smooth the chilling sight. "She's not here. Find the berries." Lizzie said, catching the attention of the others, as she stepped into another room of the house as well as Hannah and Amelia while the twin sisters stayed behind, looking for the berries.

"This is bone-chilling..." Taylor whispered as she looked inside the mugs, looking for the special berries of the Widow. Sarah nodded to Taylor's testament, seeing the fur of animals as well as some other bone-chilling things, her attention was drawn by the box that had a fur animal on top, she opened it, catching the attention of Taylor as she stepped closer to Sarah.

There was a book, a book that had a mark in the middle of it, it didn't have a title or picture on the front, just the mark. Sarah grabbed it, placing it on the ground as she and Taylor crouched down. Sarah opened the book, seeing the creepy pages of it, words that they didn't understand were written, and little figures were placed here and there on the book pages, but only one caught their attention. It had a skull with a party hat on its head, Sarah passed the page, seeing a human-naked goat on the page as the same skull from earlier looked like trying to link his hand with the goat. The page had a title A SIMPLE EXCHANGE while Latin words were still on the page, words they still didn't understand, but they were words that they could.

"Abbadon..." Both twins said as they tried to correctly read the word. "Azazel..." They read again, not seeing the presence behind them. "Beelzebub... Moloch." They read again, but they paused when they saw the last word. "Satan." They read again, a chilling silence surrounding them.

"Don't." A voice said, making them stand up immediately as they shared a look with The Widow. "The veil has grown thin with the turn of the moon. And with it, the Morning Star rises." The widow said, scaring the twins as they had their eyes widened in fear. "Beware the Devil. He lives in that book." The widow said again, the twins now seeing the knife in their hands. "He calls you both from it." She said for them to grab both sisters' wrists with just one hand as the other put the knife between their cheeks, which were forced to be stuck. "He senses you both now. And if neither of you is careful, he'll bore himself beneath both of your skins and he'll consume you both from the inside out." A cut was formed on their cheeks as the curtain from the other room was suddenly open, making the sisters gasp.

"Sarah?"

"Taylor?" Both Hannah and Amelia said at the same time, fear, and confusion in their voice as they saw the closeness of Widow and the twin sisters.

"Get out. Get out." Widow whispered to the sister for then her attention went towards Lizzie. "Get out!" She yelled now, making the twin sisters get out first, being followed by the three behind. "Get out! Get out!"

"Go! Go!"