𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲

"𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐘𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄. New evidence continues to surface implicating Union County Sheriff Nicholas Goode, the Sunnyvale Serial Killer. The family maintains that they did not know Sheriff Goode's horrifying secret."

"Blake Fier Berman!" Blake Fier-Berman groaned in her mind, as she could hear her new stepmother, Christine Berman, yell from the first floor. "I swear to god if this motherfucking cat doesn't do her shit in the sand, I'll kick her out!" Blake shot up from her bed immediately, changing quickly into some clothes for school as she turned the TV on.

"You can't kick Kate out! She's an important family member!" Blake tried to reason with Ziggy, who glared at the black cat, as Jade Fier-Berman took a bag that had fast food in it, before kissing Ziggy's hand and mocking Blake on her way out. "You little shit--"

"Ugh, why do you have to be so cute?" Christine scolded the black cat, who only tilted her head in confusion. "Ugh!" Christine yelled before she disappeared into her room.

Blake stared at the door for a whole minute, before looking at Kate and Major Dog, who looked as confused as her. Blake shrugged it off, and grabbed her two bags of fast food, yelling her goodbyes to her mother, before she grabbed her phone and keys, her backpack already in the car.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒' 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐔𝐏 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄'𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐑. Deena Johnson took the burnt pancakes as Josh Johnson quickly took his backpack, getting out of the car. Blake smiled at him, before showing his bag of fast food, making Josh's eyes widen as he smirked.

"You have officially become Deena's best girlfriend," Josh said, sitting in the back seat as he took the bag from Blake, savoring every bite of his meal.

"Deena burn the food again?" Blake asked Josh, her arm resting on the rest as she turned around to see him.

"I didn't burn shit!" Deena exclaimed, angry at how her girlfriend hasn't defended her.

Oh, right, let's resume this. Jade and Christine obligated Blake to confess to Deena, and Sam and Josh obligated Deena to confess to Blake. So basically, they're dating, and Blake has become her best girlfriend, or at least, that's what Josh said.

"Deena, the only thing you know how to cook is my heart, which is still burning for you," Blake said in a cheesy pick-up line, making Deena smile as she got in, and make Josh cringe as he saw the scene unfold. "Hi, sweetheart," Blake said, trying to kiss Deena, but instead she kissed her cheek. "Are you really angry?"

"Just drive, Blake," Deena said, faking anger. Blake scoffed, before pouting, starting the engine and driving off to school, failing to see Deena's soft smile.

After a few minutes, Blake pulled the car in front of the high school, not driving like a whole maniac anymore. Josh got out, but neither Blake nor Deena did, so Josh got confused as he got to Deena's window.

"I'm picking you up later, Joshie." Blake joked about the nickname, making Josh roll his eyes as his injured hand was in the door.

"Are neither of you coming in?" Josh asked through the loud shit of teenagers. Deena looked over at Blake, who was looking at the memorial, smiling softly before answering.

"Nah, me and your sister had something to do," Blake answered, putting her hand on Deena's thigh, before driving off.

IN LOVING MEMORY
SIMON KALIVODA
KATE SCHMIDT
HEATHER WATKINS