𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐖 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐒. A figure." Sarah Fier finished her story, pacing as well as Taylor Fier.

"Who was it?" Solomon Goode asked, confused.

"That's the point! We don't know! It was... It was so dark." Taylor exclaimed, panicking in her voice. "We thought it was Caleb or... or the Widow. But now..." Taylor said, scared to tell the Widow part.

"What?"

"Now we are tormented, and the Pastor is sick and... and we feel half mad, and now we wonder if perhaps something is wrong with us." Sarah continued for Taylor, while the brunette sat down in front of Solomon.

"Sarah, Taylor —"

"And always has been, Solomon. We are wicked. Our mother said so." Taylor said, still pacing around the room. "Maybe we were born wicked and strange just like our mother said. Maybe it was the Devil in the woods." Taylor said, tears forming in the twins' eyes.

"Maybe the Devil is on us." Sarah came to a realization, making Taylor come to a realization too.

"Stop! You sound like Mad Thomas."

"Perhaps our stepbrother is right!" Taylor yelled an angry tone in her voice.

"Thomas is a mindless drunk, nothing more," Solomon said, earning a bit of a glare from the twins.

"Look around, Solomon. There is blight everywhere." Sarah started to reason with him, making him a bit nervous, and making Taylor's eyebrows knit together.

"I... I... I grant you that, but you... Hannah and Amelia were just a dalliance, Sarah, Taylor." Solomon said, putting his hand on top of Sarah's hand, that was where Taylor stopped pacing and looked at Solomon with a sad sympathetic look.

"And if it wasn't?" Taylor asked, shrugging her left shoulder, as guilt started crawling Taylor's skin.

"What do you mean?" Solomon asked after scoffing, neither Taylor nor Sarah responded they just lowered their heads not even looking at the Goode.

"That's why we're so afraid. Do you understand?" Sarah said, trying to make Solomon understand, but Solomon still looked confused, Taylor huffed for them to look at Solomon.

"Because it was not just a dalliance, Solomon," Taylor said Sarah was crying in the process, they both felt very guilty, one because she thought it was wrong and the other because right now she was saying this to her supposed husband.

"I see."

"I can't breathe," Sarah said, gasping, Taylor was quick and hugged Sarah, trying to calm her, but even she wasn't calm.

"Listen to me..." Solomon said, catching the attention of the twins, who looked over at him. "Dalliance or not... one does not summon the Devil by chance. Even the weakest heart, the most corruptible soul, must make the choice. They must extend their hand, which neither of you did." Solomon said, they shake their heads, saying, even without words, that they didn't extend their hands. "No," Solomon confirmed, for them to grab Taylor's hand and the other grab Sarah's hand, earning a casual glaze from them. "You can always come to me, Sarah, Taylor... My door is always open to both of you."

A scream interrupted the moment, they shot their heads toward the noise, for then the twins shared a look.

"Where's Emma?"

"Where's Flo?"

"𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄." Florence Fier said, playing on the grass on the floor, Constance Berman nodded but not moving out of place. "Come on," Florence said, being the one standing up, extending a hand towards Constance so she can take it, which she did.

"Wait." Constance stopped Florence, making the brunette knot their eyebrows together as they saw Constance go to a specific flower in the grass. "Here," Constance said, smiling, handing a pretty white rose to Florence, the brunette laughed as she took the flower, then grabbed the ginger's hand and sprinted towards the settlement.

"Jesus Christ!" Florence yelled, startled by almost bumping into Pastor Cyrus Miller, who looked very sick. "Pastor Miller?"

"Come with me and you shall see." He said, his eyes looking lost like he wasn't there. The couple shared a look, for then to look again at Pastor Miller, who pointed towards the church.

"I mean... I guess my sisters can wait if you want me to pray with you, Pastor..." Florence said, a bit nervous by the attitude of the Pastor, Constance nodded, agreeing with Flo. They both followed Pastor Miller to the church, seeing that there were a lot of kids there already, they sat on a bench near the middle, Florence leaning to ask some kids. "What's going on?" But the kids just shrugged, so Florence went to her seat again.

Pastor Miller started saying, what they predicted, to be prayers, for then a little weapon in his hands pointed at some kid in the front, he started saying things that he will see, making the kids laugh, thinking it was a big joke. But everyone stood frozen as Cyrus used the little weapon to take out the kid's eyes, leaving him with a big hole in his eyes.

"And now you shall see." He said, for them to go to the place he was before, everyone didn't scream, they all stood frozen in their seats, scared. Constance linked her hands with Florence's, scared in her expression. Pastor Miller started doing the same ritual again and again, taking out the kid's eyes, the only ones left were the ginger and the brunette.

"Constance..." Florence whispered with fear as the little weapon pointed at the ginger, the ginger's breath already unsteady. Constance looked over at Florence with fear in her eyes, for then grabbed the brunette's cheeks, kissing her deeply, before the close footsteps of Cyrus caught their attention. "Constance!" Florence exclaimed, seeing how Cyrus pushed her up, before Florence could help her lover girl, Cyrus put his little weapon in her eyes, making Florence scream. "Constance!" She yelled, tears forming in her eyes.

"And now you shall see." He said again, his attention going to the crying Florence, who saw how Constance was sitting again in the seat, but her beautiful eyes weren't there anymore. Florence got more scared when Cyrus pushed her up, but instead of some other kids, she was fighting back, flying her hands there and there so Cyrus couldn't take out her eyes. "Get off me!" She yelled at him, punching him across the face, while he recovered from the punch, she started yelling. "Help! Please, help!"

"Florence?" Emmeline Fier called in confusion as she heard the call for help, she wasn't that far away from the church, so she and Abigail Berman heard perfectly she yells, they both shared a look then panic to be in their eyes. "Florence!" She yelled, sprinting her way to the church, when she noticed the doors were locked, everyone's attention was already on them. "Florence! Florence! Can you hear me?! Florence! Florence!"