Chapter 8: Aftermath of the Battle

Third civilization, Parpaldia Empire

In a dim room with a pile of papers and antique guns hanging on the wall as decorations, two men are talking.

"ASEAN? I haven't heard about it"

" A group nations in the north of rodenius continent"

" So, What the big deal about them. Aren't they just a primitive bunch?"

" They have the capability of deploying cannons and they utterly destroyed the large fleet of Laurians by outranging them. So, we should considered that they are threatening enough to became a concern for us"

" I know, I know it was possible that they only fielded cannons recently given on how they only appeared few months ago. It still should be primitive cannons that inferior to us"

" Means that they are strong enough to defeat the Laurians all by themselves. It would troubling if Laurians where to lose"

" Nah... Impossible for Laurians, albiet a barbarian country outside the civilized area, they still possessed large population. So, they could just poured more forces to overrun the enemies qualitative forces with overwhelming quantitative force"

After saying then, glanced at the outlandish reports passed by Varhal. Thinking it's too much of a fairy tale, he burnt it without leaving anything.

Kingdom of Lauria, Royal Capital Jin Hark, Castle Hark

Emergency Royal meeting

Few days after the large scale battle. The royal council of Lauria immediately issued an order to form an emergency meeting. Due to catastrophic losses incurred to them, after armed clashes with ASEAN forces in offshore of myhak.

"Patagene"

With the word of 34th King of Lauria. Patagene answered whom currently sweating bullets then stand up.

" Yes, My king?"

"Give us the detailed report for this war effort" while rubbing his temples.

A brief silence ensued, then patagene answered "Yes, My King. I shall say it aloud

Central calendar year 1639, 12th of April. We launched an attacked against the border town of Gim. Initially, we dominating the battlefield, and just a matter of time until the fall of Qua Toynese futile resistance. But, in the middle part of the battle there's something came out on the Qua Toynese side. 5 arrow-like objects flying at low altitude, causing confusion on both sides. Based on testimonies of surviving soldiers, those things emitted menacing bizzare noise, and it momentarily forced both sides to stop the infighting. Then, it would later caused unimaginable damage on our Forces, and the details for the rest of the battle will be divulged here by Mr. Noza, second in command of the 1st Dragon attack Corps and it's sole survivor."

After receiving the permission to speak, Noza stand up and speak up the horrors of the battlefield.

" Uhu... Gentlemen now, I shall tell the tale of that battle here. As aforementioned by his honorable General Patagene. We initially dominated the battle, but something interrupted it, the iron dragons with powerful explosion magic that killed thousands in seconds and arrow of light chasing us non-stop until it take our souls to Valhalla. They are otherworldly monsters that slaughtered our elite forces, as if a dragon crushing an ant with it's mighty power... And they only numbered 5...not only manage to repel our invasion forces, they utterly destroy large portions of it."

Can't help but feel agape, on what they've hear. The silence permeated in the room, as no one could even imagine on how the enemies defeated their forces with a measly 5 unknown flying l unit. Then, patagene broke the silence.