Chapter 90: Proxies

Um, appears I can publish, huh.

Anyway, please revisit chapter 89, as to why, there's an added content there, titled 'Consequences of Arrogance'. Because Wattpad for some unknown reason won't allow me to add that content to new chapters, even in my other fics in past days. So, to not confused with the new chapter, please reread it. That would be all.

___---___

Two weeks ago
Hildegard Army Base

At the headquarters of the Muish Ardent Front, a former garrison of the frontier army, now greatly expanded due to the ongoing war in the second civilization, the sky reveals a large concentration of armored fighting vehicles, trucks, and even Toyota trucks and other Land Cruisers imported from ASEAN. These vehicles are armed with machine guns and small-caliber artillery. There are currently 8,000 men on the ground, and they are at least 900 kilometers away from the nearest battlefield. Most of their duties revolve around hunting down Gra Valkan stragglers or survivors who blend in with the local population.

Additionally, as one of the few countries in the new world with a heavy emphasis on air superiority, multiple latest versions of their Supermarin combat aircraft are flying in large formations in tandem with AA cannons to intercept any high-flying aircraft from Annonrial or Gra Valkan Empire. Though in reality, neither of these nations is sending aircraft here, except for occasional ground skirmishes and missile strikes by Annonrial near the Hildegard army base.

There, multiple men in rather not so soldier like uniform in Muish standards walks on the pavement as they looks at the ground assets of the base.

"Finally, to think we would be able to see our armored fighting vehicles in such large numbers, enough to face off against the Gra Valkan army," one of them exclaimed. "And the factories are churning out hundreds per month."

"In exchange for the high rate of production, they are underpowered and relatively lightly armored," the other one said. "I really hope ASEAN proceeds to export engines for our armored vehicles," he added, expressing dissatisfaction with ASEAN's reluctance.

"We don't really need to rely on them any longer; their intelligence is enough, and we will do all the lifting," said a person, laughing enthusiastically. "The Annonrials are faltering, and according to information passed by ASEAN, Gra Valkan is unstable. They will likely collapse internally due to how they are managing this war," he said with optimism.

"That would be the case. Then I have nothing to argue. But if Gra Valkans manage to bounce back and don't collapse, and if Annonrials choose to send another fleet and stop playing around in Leifor this time, our country's future is in danger," the man said with caution and disgust.

Then, they entered a hall where several members of the Muish Ardent Front high ranking officials were present. "Lt. Col. Myrus," said the person holding the rank of brigadier general. "Welcome to the Forest of the Damned," he greeted.

"General Pamier," responded Myrus, who was presently wearing an unusual uniform for a newly promoted Lt. Col. in the Muish Royal Army, it's a aristocratic uniform. "A great pleasure," he replied to the general.

"I heard the things you brought up in the reports earlier. Man, that's quite a lot of surprises from Otaheight," he said in a curious and informal tone. "Is that possible?" He asked directly, not beating around the bush.

"Do you not believe us?"

"No, it's not that I don't believe you, but reading the report, it's almost too unbelievable," he said to Myrus. "After all, that weapon mentioned in the report sounds like a fantasy to me," he remarked.