Chapter 60: The Hidden Mystery

Leiforian district

The display ended, and both parties are on break. Meanwhile, the Southeast Asians were guided to their exclusive room and seem likely to be secretly surrounded by the ears of Gra Valkan, who are trying to get some glimpse of information about their private talk. Unfortunately for them, the envoys are using messages on their mobile phones for conversation, so they are silent and not saying a word.

However, on otherhand.

"That's damn ridiculous!" Dallas screamed as he sweated bullets. The ASEAN has weapons capable of targeting them and accurately hitting them from kilometers away. The range limit hasn't been estimated. However, according to their spies, ASEAN mostly engaged its enemies beyond the horizon, or at least 30 kilometers away, which they thought first used heavy cannons. Thus, it's safe to say they have a minimum range of 30 kilometers, and that's comparable to the range of most of their battleships. As a result, whether by accident or unintentional, Aariz hints that they have several variants of these types of weapons, possibly including anti-ship types that would be an absolute nightmare as they don't need any combat experience as they could just fire a shot and forget it as the guided rocket will do its job and combat experience has no bearing when it's already homing to sink the target ships.

"Col. Rambal, do you think we could find a way to disrupt, if not make those guided rockets fail to track our aircraft?" Ceila inquired calmly of Rambal, who was wearing a complicated expression. Two things shocked him today: the existence of sci-fi-like guided weapons and a possible technological gap between two nations.

Based on the stories of Aariz and Paul, despite being vague on the events and when this global war happened, By judging the texture and quality of each film, someone could easily discern that the black-and-white video happened quite some time ago and the colored video probably happened a few years ago. And he's attempting to conclude that they have at least a decade of technological superiority; he can't measure it precisely because none of the Southeast Asians provided a specific date for those timelines.

The reason why he concluded there's at least a decade of difference is the destruction inflicted on the Southeast Asian cities in that global war; they need at least a decade to recuperate from those scales of destruction. His logic was that the ASEAN was too active in the war in Philades, and their relentless massive infrastructure projects in Lauria made it seem as if there was no need for reconstruction on their mainland. Rambal knew rebuilding devastated cities would take decades and a lot of money. However, ASEAN prioritized the war, which was extremely expensive, and built massive projects in their unincorporated territories as if there were no end to the point, leading him to conclude that ASEAN had already recovered from the devastation of the war if it indeed happened.

processing everything possible to create countermeasures against this technologically advanced country, but he can't come up with a thing. Maybe he thought he needed time and more information to create them, but the prospect of that happening is getting obscured as the technological gap between countries was too wide in the first place. A decade might be manageable, but in the worst-case scenario, if ASEAN is a hundred years more sophisticated than the empire, then it's impossible.

"Col. Rambal?."

"Uh, yes... Impossible unless we capture one of those to unveiled their weaknesses." Returning back to his senses after being knocked by Ceila.

"Then why not capture them right now? Ah..! That's not it..." By overthinking Dallas, of course, he wouldn't say something stupid, but those things are hard to swallow and comprehend properly. As a result, he uttered nonsense.

"You're seriously asking to rob ... Capture the belongings of the diplomats of other countries... From people who came here for peace and friendship? You'll just making the situation worst, it might ended up making them justified to send their weapons to Mu, perhaps worst sending their own armies to destroy the Empire!."