Chapter 61: Forgotten World (1)

Kingdom of Topa
November 17, 1640

In the freezing cold temperature of below negative 10 degrees. Several dozens of men don in winter clothing walks with tanks in their side. They are the first battalion of SEADF deployed here to train in artic winter in the southern grameus with some biplanes flying overhead.

During the ASEAN-Parpaldian war. Mu sold a bulk of decommissioned second-hand biplanes to Topa by request of ASEAN to equip them with aircraft as wyverns are cold-blooded and thus can't survive in the harsh cold weather in Topa. It's a win-win scenario, as Mu is only scrapping their old biplanes at a criminally low value, while selling them would multiply their value by a thousand fold. Only training and maintenance are the remaining issues, but they will still get service fees for such commissions from Topa. Meanwhile, Topa will finally establish their air force to mitigate casualties from air attacks with the help of Mu and ASEAN, though they will be burdened by the maintenance and purchase costs.

In the hardened hanger of Topa in southern Grameus. It's devoid of aircraft because the freezing cold temperatures here have rendered their aircraft unusable, and they'll be left to rot in the dust until the winter is over. They are currently stationed in Topa proper, which is less impacted by the freezing climate.

Though Topan pilots occasionally fly their Marins during the winter, Muish engineers certified that these aircraft could fly in such conditions. However, they are cautioned, as there are few troubles when flying an old biplane in this kind of weather.

The reason why Topan has a base at the southern tip of Grameus is due to their monster clearing operation. That led them to build a forward base here. Nevertheless, they don't have the power to single-handedly clear the place and build this base; it is mostly carried and done by Muish soldiers. who have been called to help clean up the vermin in the surrounding area and plan to create an artificial waterway like the Panama or Suez canals in Topa

Furthermore, Mu also began selling their old artillery and even machine guns. And all of the countries in third civilization are scrambling to get one, as the current priority of Mu is strengthening their allies in second civilization, most notably the Sonal and Magicareich. Thus, the priority list for weapon delivery is very long.

It might sound stupid, but the proliferation of modern guns and artillery is imminent. As Gra Valkans are trying to get in touch with outside world. Given their abundance of weapons, it would not be surprising if they started an arms business, as they currently have nothing to offer.

The Milishial is also actively coordinating nations in the first civilization about technology cooperation and transfer, which was one of the causes that triggered Mu to supply arms to friendly countries, suspicious of what the Milishials are up to in sharing their most well-guarded technology for the last century. Meanwhile, ASEAN is busy upgrading the infrastructure of their unincorporated territories and their close allies. They even went so far as to supply guns and mortars to Altaras and other Rodenius countries.

Each countries have their own build up. None even care about the thing called decadence or so-called restraint.

With the emergence of multiple hypothetical belligerents, ASEAN was well on its way to implementing their "First Protocol," which was essentially their own version of the Monroe Doctrine that applied in Altaras, Rodenius, and their unincorporated territories in Philades.

That would mean an attack on those countries would be an attack on ASEAN. Thus, there is an urgent need for intervention. The "First Protocol" also meant establishing strong economic aspects revolving around those regions, as the last thing in the protocol was a defensive posture like a turtle in danger. ASEAN and its allies, if war is ignited, will fold, hold, and isolate themselves from the rest of the world and prepare for a counterattack revolving around the use of expeditionary carriers, ICBMs, and submarines. But right now, ASEAN doesn't have those kinds of abilities; thus, their main doctrine right now is to bring the fight as far from the mainland as possible with existing equipment in a preemptive strike policy. It follows the very basic principles of Fortress North America.