Chapter 87: The Philadean Menace

Magicaregia, Annonrial Empire

At one of the largest relics of the Ravernal Empire, after they left the world using induced continental transference to escape the wrath of gods and travel to the future, lies the subterranean city codenamed Magicaregia. It was designed to be self-sufficient, an underground city that could hold millions of light-winged beings and their slaves, serving as a shield against the inevitable confrontation between mortal Ravernals and the gods. Later, this confrontation forced them to abandoned the city and evacuate back to their mainland, leaving the subterranean city relatively intact.

Later, the Annonrials, who were generally mixed breeds of winged people led by the remaining light-winged monarchs, discovered the subterranean city during their war of conquest and unification. This conflict lasted for nearly two centuries, and they decided to use the subterranean city as their base of operations. Eventually, due to the fragile state of the newly unified empire and the need for a fortified and secure capital, they named the subterranean city as their capital city. This decision ensured that it would not easily fall in case of any major civil war between the various Annonrial tribes and city-states.

With everything in place and the formerly fractured Annonrials now a united force, their territory spanned thousands of islands, two large continents, and two classified as subcontinents, in addition to several vassal states. Their size easily rivaled that of the British Empire and the Soviet Union before the beginning of World War II.

And this city stood at the center as they began to set their eyes on the Milishials, the people who banished them into the unforgiving environment of the southern world that killed almost everyone. Over the last thousands of years, their contemptuous and silent yet fractious movement of revenge had spanned the continent and islands of the southern world, assimilating aboriginals, thriving, and adapting, now materialized as one strong united force. Here, at the heart of Annonrial, a gift from their ancestors for their greatest self-induced vengeance and the greatest task to subjugate the world and offer this, upon the return of their ancestors.

However, only the elites are allowed to live here - the wealthy and privileged nobility. The hierarchy of the Ravernal's runs deep in the blood of Annonrials, and those deemed unworthy of the most precious lands are not allowed to set foot here.
________

At the military headquarters of the invasion force, a large room is filled with several holographic videos, maps, combat footage, and information floating in the air as people gaze at it intently. The screens display vast battlefields, tactical information, and other crucial data.

"The 14th Fleet has successfully destroyed a Milishial fleet in the Miartia Archipelago, and the vanguard fleet heading to Milishial didn't slow down. We are ahead of schedule, and there's been no strong resistance so far."

"The 6th and 11th Fleets are on their way to their designated positions in the third civilization and southern Rodenius."

"The 16th Flotilla of the 9th Raiding Fleet reported that they successfully sunk a large Muish cargo ship off the course of the Mandrako Gateway. They are now proceeding to mine the area."

A continuous stream of information flowed in as Emperor Zaratosthra of Annonrial listened with a stern glare. Everyone present sweated profusely, working diligently to deliver the good news of their operations in the new world, hoping to avoid the wrath of the emperor.

However, not all the news was good, and the one assigned to deliver it trembled as if it might be their last day in the world if the emperor became enraged and ordered their death.

"17th fleet... accounting its 58th ship sunk... on the brink of combat incapab..." The officer's words were cut short by a sudden interruption.

Boom!