Chapter 91: Pitfall

Nurzaga Imperial Army Camp, Duati

In the borderlands of Nurzaga and S'vam, a newly established military camp stood as a restricted zone accessible only to those in uniform. Here, more than ten thousand Nurzagan Imperial Army foot soldiers could be seen, each carrying a distinctive blocky rifle-like weapon. These rifles were a marvel of design, featuring sleek contours and a futuristic appearance. What set them apart were the prominent bayonets affixed to the front, ready for action.

Compared to the Annonrial standard service infantry weapon, the latest Battle Lances, these Nurzagan rifles were strikingly different. While the Battle Lances were smaller, less bulky, and boasted impressive accuracy with a higher rate of fire, the Nurzagan rifles offered greater ammunition capacity. However, they were also known for their susceptibility to energy fluctuations, which could pose a significant risk during extended combat operations.

The rifle of choice for the Nurzagan forces was the Alher Battle Lances staple for Annonrial conscripts and reserves. These rifles were equipped with an internal magazine capable of holding up to 140 projectiles, each weighing 2.5 grams. These projectiles were propelled by powerful electromagnetic forces, akin to gauss guns in real-world applications. Despite being labeled as rifle, they're smoothbore.

"My men, soldiers of Nurzaga! The time is drawing near!" shouted Regent Deark Vom Magnociam from the stage. Soldiers as far as the eye could see stood tall, ready for orders. "For five months, you have trained tirelessly, and your efforts will paid off! For we shall become the new rulers of Philades!" He shouted, and the soldiers erupted into cheers. The Imperial Army of Nurzaga was ready, and the countdown for the second Philades war was ticking rapidly.

And thus, the one of the many armies of Nurzaga have been sharpened, armed with rifles that rivaled modern assault weapons, surpassing even the capabilities of Mu. They wore combat vests designed to withstand the most of threats coming from Philades, capable of stopping arrows or musket fire from penetrating their ranks. The dark silhouette of the Nurzagan Imperial Army painted an imposing image, a symbol of their newly acquired power.

Jet-powered aircraft soared through the skies, flying overhead the grand army of Nurzaga. Gradually, they became a significant threat as time passed.
______________

Nurzaga, Halar region

In a remote location, 400 kilometers north of ASEAN-controlled southern Philades, lay the former principality of Halar. It was one of the few territories annexed by Parpaldia, yielding without resistance to avoid the horrors of invasion. However, this surrender cost them their sovereignty and identity, leaving them occupied and subjugated.

Then, the former colony served as a host of significant number of military training facilities for Parpaldia. Much of its infrastructures and bases had been reduced to rubble by airstrikes during the war. Now, it was under new ownership, used by Nurzaga as a military supply depot and communication bases scattered throughout it's dense forested regions. And one of the most prominent, isolated from civilization, the Fjer base, it stood surrounded by dense and untouched forests, spared from the firebombing campaigns carried out by ASEAN.

On the dirt road leading to the base, a convoy of carriages and horses cast multiple silhouettes. Among them, a massive, multi-legged machine moved slowly but was enormous. It had enormous gun turret that even dwarfed the cannons of Abrams or Leopard 2 tanks, boasting several mounts that appeared to hold RCWs with machine gun-class weapons throughout it's body. This behemoth obediently trailed the convoy like a faithful guard dog.
____________

In the heart of the convoy, Rarl, the commander of Nurzaga Imperial Army's Fjer base, was making his way back to his headquarters. He had acquired numerous new military assets from their allies.