Chapter 59: The Wind of Change

Ragna, Gra Valkas Empire
October 20, 1640

In the bustling imperial capital, filled with trams and pedestrians moving through the crowded streets of the city, and a few kilometers away from the Imperial Palace of Nivles, where the current Emperor and his concubines reside, The Kaserne-Baumholder was the largest military base of Gra Valkan Imperial Guards tasked solely with protecting and securing the lives of the Imperial family, and the second most secure place in Empire after the famed Gra Valkan Imperial Navy Heisenberg naval base.

"Aside from their former world's unfounded and unverified global scale war and the uncanny similarities between our country and this so-called imperial Japan, Does the ASEAN have this kind of weapon? Do I hear it right?'' A young man, aged something around the middle to late 20s, asked with a questioning look as he couldn't believe this small tube shot down an Antares within seconds, turning it into a fireball mid-air.

"Yes, General."

"Are you saying this small-barreled rocket chased and shot down an aircraft? Isn't this basically a rocket launcher that shoots inaccurate rockets?" The person called General, looked at his older subordinate dubiously. He is neither incompetent nor inexperienced during the Yggdra's war for world domination, having only taken the position two years ago. a recent graduate of the Imperial Academy. In that regard, he rose to prominence due to his Imperial blood and being an ace in the Imperial Academy but not because of military experience, it was a mere political maneuver and perfecting exam papers about how to properly execute a defensive war, nothing more and nothing less. Siegfried Ragnar Von Schneider is the son of the late Prince Hilas Ragnar Von Schneider, who was assassinated by Pagandans and precipitated the fall of Leifor and its protectorates.

The subordinate only nodded in agreement at Sieg's question. making him massage his head as if getting a headache. "I'll look like a laughingstock in the imperial conference if I mention that ASEAN has a portable weapon that uses rockets and is capable of changing its direction to shoot down aircraft. much more in front of my mentor, Lord Pastall.''

Siegfried sighs in exasperation, as this is too much for him to process; at least he knows that ASEAN is strong. At the very least, stronger than Mu. But the technological and weapon nonsense he's heard making him doubting its veracity. The subordinate's stoical face didn't flinch as he continued to report. "Everyone in the Leiforian Colonial Office and military men in the area saw it, General, that ASEAN destroyed an aircraft with a rocket, and Lady Ceila will prove it."

Then, Ceila, the chief diplomat of Gra Valkas Empire, Leifor District, stepped forward. She looks young, like Siegs.

"It's my pleasure to meet you, General Siegfried."

"Pleasure to meet you too, now. Please elaborate what happened that day." Siegs sharply locked his gaze on Ceila, who was composed and ready to answer.

"Yes, that day..." Ceila told what had transpired, much to the suspicion and bewilderment of Siegs and his men.

October 16, 1640

"Exercise prudence when talking with ASEAN." said Col. Rambal, the army officer assigned to lead the security details for Gra Valkan diplomats while they meet with their ASEAN counterparts,

"I know. I'll do my best." Ceila responded as she examined the pictures brought by their spies during the Rodenius and Philades wars. Photos of tanks, aircraft, artillery, ships, and soldiers. She was mastering and memorizing information as well as the current known ASEAN etiquette. Don't provoke them, as ordered by Xand Pastall, with Caesar's request to forge friendly ties rather than isolate their country in this world more.

ASEAN is clearly not a small fry, as their technology and might by the evidence and information gathered from the recon missions they initiated. However, many considered them as enemies as their spies also gathered enough information that some of the ASEAN weapons are completely identical to the weapons deployed by the Mu in their second border conflict, ranging from mortars, anti-aircraft guns, and possibly artillery, because all of a sudden, the supposed inferior and lackluster Muish guns were able to destroy their medium tanks with ease at a dangerous rate, forcing them to fight on foot as they couldn't endanger their tanks against camouflaged Muish artilleries that tend to have swarms of infantry waiting nearby the moment their tanks exploded. To break the stalemate and attrition war, Gra Valkan changes tactics and begins leveling every possible Muish ambush position with artillery fire; thus, the final days of their conflict are only centered on artillery duels, which tend to make the Gra Valkans lose because they lack mobile self-propelled guns, whereas the Mu used trucks mounted with howitzers. and their shoot-and-scoot strategy was an excellent way to avoid their adversaries, as the moment they fired, they would immediately withdraw, and GVE's counter-battery fire would only hit a vacant plot of land. Thus, their conclusion apart from possible weapon exports, ASEAN may been impart Mu knowledge about modern warfare, which has become a source of contention in their conflict with them. much to their annoyance.