Chapter 41: Enormity of War (1)

Trelleborg Airbase, Gra Valkas Empire

In the midnight of April 16, 1640. In one of the largest airbases of Gra Valkas Empire, 47 large 6 engined aircrafts which reminisce the cancelled WW2 era Nakajima G10N Fugaku bomber by the air service of IJN, lined up in the illuminated asphalt runaways of the GVIAS.

They only have one mission, to destroy the capital of Inertia in order to crush their resistance by the order of Fleet Admiral Caesar Rolands, in a single swoop.

Though having a long range heavy strategic bombers to leveled down an entire medieval city is undoubtedly overkill which too primitive and weak to put a proper leg in the face of the Gra Valkan Military.

However, the Guti Maun Heavy Bombers of Gra Valkas Empire is currently being mass produced for the upcoming conquest of this world. Soon, the skies of this world will reminisce the skies of Europe and Japan at the ending months of second world war.

After warming up in the runaway, they soar in the jet black sky one after another, aiming to a single decapitation strike which very potent against stubborn countries such as Irnetia and could be useful against Parpaldia if the ASEAN are just ruthless and pragmatic like Gra Valkas Empire without any qualms to end the conflict as fast as possible with bare minimum casualties on both sides by setting aside the rules of war or any legacy humanitarian laws from earth.

In the span of 2 hours, 3 Guti Maun heavy bomber formation of 96 Heavy Bombers from different airbases in the mainland converged in the sea of Gra Valkan sea and began to aim towards the Kilculus, capital of kingdom of Inertia.

Northwest Sea of Inertia, 50 kilometers away from Doiva, Gra Valkan Eastern Imperial Fleet

The reinforced fleet of Fleet Admiral Caesar swelled to over 125 ships with 40 troop and material transports to support the landing operation against the kingdom of Irnetia.

"Just in, Admiral." The staff officer Simon of Caesar entered the tactical room where Caesar and some of his fellow officers discussing about the battle order and plan including the possible Muish intervention.

"Hmm?."

"Last Muish ship finally departed from Doiva, additionally, our spies spotted some presumed Muish monoplanes flying over the refugee transports."

Everyone inside the room is not interested on the evacuation of irnetian out of the country however, the monoplanes piqued their interest.

"They already put monoplanes in carrier? That's pretty impressive for a country that only fielded a fighter class monoplane in service, barely 5 months ago."

Caesar said those unamused.

"However, admiral. May I ask a question?." His staff officer, Simon asked.

"What it is Simon? Keep it brief."

"Why did you ordered to use our Guti Maun against these barbarians?."

Sending the most secretive and state of the art bomber of Gra Valkas on some backwater frontier is too inconceivably expensive and overkill. Many in the circles of GVE themselves also thought this as too inappropriately out of proportion force deployment.

"Other than that city is located further inland of inertia and angering our esteemed diplomats after that failed negotiations. Sooner or later, Guti Maun will reigns supreme in the skies of Second and First civilization and we are already deploying them en mass on the mainland, there's no point on hiding it."

"Against Muish and Milishial is understandable however... Irnetia is."

Having a complicated feelings against bombing a helpless and nearly defenseless city, Simon couldn't help but to think about those poor souls that soon to be obliterated.