Chapter 71: Unprovokedn't

In the Leiforian District of the Second Civilization, Admiral Ceasar was present at the headquarters of the Eastern Fleet and the Leifor Protectorate Naval Force. News of the coup d'etat against the current Emperor had already reached the Gra Valkan imperial forces in Leifor. A messenger sent by Cabal himself brazenly approached Ceasar in Leifor without any prior appointment. Ceasar stared at him intensely, his eyes narrowed with suspicion.

The messenger spoke triumphantly, "Yes, Admiral. Our Regent, Crown Prince Gra Cabal, has ordered you to plan a sortie and immediately begin commerce raiding on the Muish coast, immediately."

Ceasar frowned on the messenger same goes to luxtal and other of high ranking officers on the room. "We just signed a peace treaty with Mu? And now you wanted to attack?." He said in low voice.

The messenger sneer, "that's the agreement made by the Emperor and not the crown prince himself. You're just a soldier, follow the orders of the crown prince." He confidently said.

Ceasar's gaze turned to cold as steel as he stared down the messenger, his muscles tensed with the weight of a warrior's years of battle experience. His voice rumbled with a dangerous tone, "You dare come to me with such an outrageous order? To break the peace treaty we have signed with Mu and attack their coastlines? Do you have any idea what kind of chaos that would unleash?"

The messenger's initial bravado faltered as he felt the intense pressure of Ceasar's presence. He stammered, "B-but... the Crown Prince has given the order! You must obey! The enemies was just opportunistic Muish! They're an easy enemy!"

Ceasar's nostrils flared with anger, his lion-like hair bristling. "I follow the orders of the Emperor, not some power-hungry upstart who seeks to overthrow him! The Crown Prince has no authority over me or my fleet."

Ceasar's towering figure stood like an ominous shadow in the room, his lion-like hair framing his fierce expression. The messenger trembled in fear as the admiral's intense gaze bore down on him. The room fell silent, and the tension was palpable.

The messenger, clearly shaken, attempted to assert his authority. "I am the messenger instructed by the crown prince himself! You dog will fight for the prince! He is the next emperor!" he shouted, his voice quivering.

But Ceasar's response was quick and harsh, as he openly insulted the crown prince. "Tell your crown prince, his Highness Gra Cabal, he should go and fuck himself," he retorted, his voice booming across the room. The temperature in the room dropped to a chilling level, and the air was heavy with tension.

Luxtal and other high-ranking officers in the room were stunned by Ceasar's outburst, but they knew better than to interfere. The admiral's legendary status as the god of war in Yggdrasil had been earned through his numerous naval victories, and his loyalty to Gra Lux, the emperor, was unshakable.

The messenger, enraged by Ceasar's insult, threatened to report him for lese majeste, but the admiral was undaunted. "My emperor is Gra Lux, and he alone is my only liege," he declared, his voice thundering through the room. "I won't take orders from traitors, nor will my fleet take the initiative to attack Mu. Now, get the hell out of here, and tell Cabal to grow up! He is old enough to understand that and not make childish, delusional tantrums!"

The messenger fled the room, cursing Ceasar, and the officers let out a collective sigh of relief as the tension dissipated.

"Your Excellency," Luxtal, captain of the Gra Valkan Imperial Navy flagship Grade Alastar, the largest ship in service with 72,000 tons of steel and 9 18-inch guns that resembles the Yamato class battleship of IJN in WWII, said, "it appears the Emperor is still alive and being put under house arrest somewhere. Martial law has been implemented by His Highness Cabal, and a crackdown on opposition has begun. Their purge of opposition seems to lessen any chances of ousting him from the throne, including arresting all of his siblings, Your Excellency."