Chapter 52: The Build up

Parpaldia, Third Civilization
ASEAN offensive day 16

In the midst of an ASEAN large scale military operation. A battle is raging somewhere in the middle eastern colonies, a battle that anyone familiar with modern warfare will say is quite unique and illogical in modern terms, in which they fire volleys while in tightly packed formation and wait for the enemies to retaliate, causing massive casualties on both sides.

"Form ranks! The classic B formation! The cavalry hit their flanks, and the artillery unit continued to pound them! Annihilate the traitors!."

A battle that isn't even remotely related to the ASEAN-Parparldian war is currently happening. Hundreds of men in fancy green and red uniforms marched against men who were wearing mixed Imperial army standard uniforms and irregular civilian clothing.

The current situation is that the secessionist factions led by Remille are losing ground. Basically, despite having over a thousand men in the initial battle against a little over 400 loyalist factions under Arde, they were trampled by combined artillery and wyvern attacks by Arde, who was mimicking a combined arm doctrine that they slowly integrated into their ranks to fight off the armored force of ASEAN, which so far, failed to decisively defeat an entire battalion they encountered. They only luckily damaged the paint or dent the lightly armored vehicles of SEADF, who happened to get hit by the blind bombardment of high explosive cannonballs of the imperial army.

Nevertheless, despite being losers in every major battle in all prominent theaters of war, the imperial army is still formidable despite being reduced by more than 70% since the beginning of the conflict and exhausted by the war against the formidable opponent of the eastern continent, a modern civilization from another world. The Imperial army is currently showing how formidable and dangerous they are against equal and near-peer adversaries. Thus, this full potential is being showcased at this battle, even against two times their size, and their loyalist wyvern lords and remaining wyvern overlords are currently overrunning secessionist regular wyvern and wyvern lords. Their artillery is wrecking havoc against the Hanson rebel army, which has a backbone of untrained and awfully equipped slaves and criminals, and battling against their counterparts, who are basically hastily armed and lack experience in the Imperial army but properly uniformed and armed, which tips the battle with competent professional Imperial army officers.

Also, due to frustration and hatred inside the imperial army, as they have been thrashed by ASEAN in this war, one-sidedly. As a result of hearing that Remille is currently attempting to form an alliance with ASEAN, a country that drives the empire on the annihilation and brought suffering of many of their imperial subjects, these are the variables that made them highly motivated and morale has skyrocketed, in a sense they finally can fight an equal. They vented all of those against the rebel army, which they unilaterally slaughtered without mercy.

"We won't take any prisoners. They are traitors. It is not worth the time to take care of them... Kill. them. all." Arde, who personally leads this army, sighed as he had been hampered by several battles against the rebel army. He couldn't even remotely advance inside the primary colonies of Remille due to constant war and due to Remille's prominent human wave tactics. Alone, she threw over 10 thousand men just to shave a little over one thousand loyalist men, a kill-death ratio of 10 to 1, which annoyed Arde as Remille continued to expand her army through various means; buying or freeing slaves; promising criminals freedom if they fought in their army; foreign mercenaries; and with the likes of the underground world and their men from various syndicates that were doing sabotage and ambush operations against Arde's army.

This battle is sapping his combat power as Remille will continue to throw men at Arde if she can't win through tactical means. Then they shall throw more men, as human wave tactics is very effective against a very weakened Imperial army.