Chapter 64: Forgotten World(4)

Demon realm Heiskanen

In the demon realm of Heiskanen, a civilization barely reached the iron age, but the livelihood and standard of living are still comparable to those of the stone age; nevertheless, they are an excellent and diverse race of intelligent demons with a decent knowledge of farming and domesticating animals. Almost half of the population were nomadic warriors, roaming on their vast territories from the central continent, stretching eastward and up to the north of Grameus. Their strength was unparalleled due to various demons that were physically stronger than average humans by several fold and differentiated themselves as rational and united compared to unintelligent monsters. The country was formed several hundred years ago as a collection of several small demon villages that grew into a powerful civilization on their own continent.

The population of Heiskanen already exceeds one million; in fact, it's ticking toward two million already, but there are no proper statistics to confirm this, and the one million number alone is quite an unthinkable number to them. Furthermore, and ironically, they tend to enslave unintelligent monsters as force multipliers, even those of the same race, as it's a common sight, for example, to have a hobgoblin enslave a regular goblin as a supplement to support farming. Thus, the proper number is getting haywire if all the enslaved monsters are counted as citizens of Heiskanen or not. This way of thought process and practices could easily be compared to Spartans and helots during ancient greek era.

Though everything turned very different after the first encounter of humanity with Esperanto and the demons of Heiskanen, during that time Heiskanen wanted to expand south and find new hoards of monsters to enslave to support their ever-expanding empire. That time the Esperantian civilization, still expanding their walls for a new facility to be built, encountered a hoard of monsters by the hundreds, and they're unusually composed of an odd variety of incompatible races. Thinking humanity was just a fledgling village, the leader of the hoard ordered to attack just immediately noticed the oddity of their structures being built a few moments later, which they noticed the enormous wall that they had never seen before and hundreds of cavalry with heavy lances launching a counterattack, they were annihilated, then followed by dozens more skirmishes where it was passed on to the upper echelon of Heiskanen that they proved no match, the iron weapon of Esperanto was simply superior to their bronze and stone tools, and even their immense strength couldn't prevent being tear apart by superior weapons forged by dwarven smiths and their obsidian-tipped arrows couldn't effectively damage the sturdy armor of Esperanto. This made them realize that their hunting tactics against unintelligent monsters are no way going to be effective against highly organized knight orders of Esperanto and the iron weapon was simply superior. This made them withdraw to avoid further casualties; however, Esperanto was clueless about the encounter and never thought they had already fought another civilization thriving together with them on the continent of Grameus.

_________

A day after the attack of Annonrials throughout the country, Bahara, the head warrior of Heiskanen and also the chief negotiator with the Annonrial Empire, was captured and forcibly controlled through a mind control device embedded on his forehead.

Bahara, are currently facing several prominent figures of large tribal chieftains in the Central and Eastern regions, closest to Esperanto as the North, needed days before the messenger dragonewts reached them to inform them of the current situation and issue immediate summons.

As many as 300 chieftains attended, mostly residing at Heiskanen Capital Asmodeus, one chieftain alone could possibly head at least 100 demon tribesmen to as many as 5,000 demons, and if all mobilized, they could amass easily 200,000 men in a single rally to attack Esperanto. That's truly a fearsome force to be reckoned with, but Bahara is currently being controlled in real time by Annonrials and knows 200,000 demons are not enough to overcome a wide array of artillery, such as primitive cannons but very plentiful ones, arming the Esperanto plethora of long-range, heavy bombardment weapons that can easily turn any tough demons of Heiskanen into paper tigers, and furthermore, Heiskanen doesn't have the knowledge or technology to breakthrough the very tough and elaborate wall defenses of the country. It was nothing but a meat grinder for the poor demons who dared to attack without proper siege weapons. No matter how large the numbers or how powerful the demon race are, they are bound to fail without destroying the walls.