||•Chapter 39•||

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days progressed and it seems Yibo was getting closer and closer to due date. They were nervous - oh they were terrified, but the excitement was also very hard to hide.

Since Zhan was relentlessly forced to work for a week straight ( 1 month before Bobo's delivery), he made sure that the younger was with him for as long as possible.

He was going to make sure to be right there next to Yibo, in fear of anything. So to fix that - he took Yibo to his workplace. Zhan literally set up Yibo's own little corner in his office, where he could chill, play games, watch movies, sleep, eat - ANYTHING. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yibo looks at Zhan working. The glass, the luminated light behind him, makes him stand out like a magical being, sent down straight from heaven. 

The younger stares, not taking his eyes off the fluffy hair bouncing around Zhan's clear forehead

I keep falling in love with you...

His fingers fiddle around until it takes hold of the pencil lying around. His eyes widened. The younger male quickly takes his paper and scribbles the words he just thought of. Then he quietly mumbles it to himself, playing his music audio in the background.

I'm falling in love~

Neoege falling in love~

Ige saranginga bwa

Amu saenggak an na

Neoman saenggakhae

I just want to scream

I'm falling in love (oooooo)

I just want to scream

I'm falling in love

(YALL BETTER KNOW THIS SONG - I BEAT YOU WITH SHOE IF YOU DON'T)

Zhan didn't realise what his husband was doing, until he heard the faint music. Yibo was so caught on writing and making the music sync with the lyrics, that he didn't realise the man was sneaking up behind him and wrapping his arms around his neck.

"What are you doing, hm?", he gently speaks into Yibo's ear. The younger slightly jumps before turning his face.

"I finally made the lyrics!!!"

"Huh..?"

"Nothing, never mind. Just... look forward to our next comeback."

He smiles as Zhan lifts Yibo into his arms and makes his way to the couch. He sits down, cradling Yibo in his arms.

"Ah - you're distracting me again, Mr. Xiao. Go back and finish your work."

"There's really nothing interesting~~ I'm so bored~~", Zhan whined with a pout. Yibo just pinched his cheek.

"Then let me go, I need to finish my work."

Zhan kept on whining but Yibo wasn't having it today. He threatened to go home if Zhan didn't properly finish his work - which he agreed to, obviously.

Whatever Yibo wanted, Yibo got. That was the golden rule of his pregnancy. Zhan was ready to literally serve him for life. Once Yibo had also completed his tasks, he joined Zhan at their couch, holding his stomach. 

"Zhan-Ge... we need a name for the baby..."

"I thought we were going to decide that with friends, family and elders on the gender reveal party."

"No~~ Not a full name... like a... like a pet name.. Just for us and our loved ones? Just something to call lovingly..."

Yibo looks down and caresses his stomach.

"Then... we'll need something meaningful...", Zhan says, making the younger nod. Zhan also placed his hand over Yibo's, on his baby bump.

"This baby is the fruit of our love... a miracle which survived so many hurdles despite being so weak... for me,.. this child is my hope..."

Zhan brings Yibo's hand up for a kiss as the other hand caresses the younger's bump. Yibo was already on the verge of tears.

"...How about... Yuan?(愿)... A-Yuan?"

Yibo leans over and welcomes himself into Zhan's embrace. And Zhan just holds him close with a chuckle.

"Uh-oh... we can't have you crying like that every time this name is called..."

"No... I'm crying... *Sniff*.. b-because I'm so happy..... Hope, wish, desire... A-Yuan is a perfect name... If anything, this baby's the strongest out of us..."

Zhan nods.

"Ahh - boy, girl, agender, I don't care... This child will stay precious to us forever..."

Yibo smiles, and the two just stay on the couch, cuddling. 

,
,
,
,
,
,,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,,
,
,

Thanks for reading ❣️❣️❣️❣️

- NamelessElixir 💞