||•Chapter 22•𝘏𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘻𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵•2 ||

Zhan woke up from his horrible nightmare with tears covering his face

Zhan woke up from his horrible nightmare with tears covering his face. He realises he was in the room next to Yibo's VIP Hospital room, and ran out. He runs to Yibo and hugs him, realising it was only a dream that Yibo left.

Yes, he's still here. he's not awake but he's still here. My Yibo is here. He's here.

Xiao Zhan refused to move from the position, even when the doctors asked him to. But after Haikuan begged him for a while, he slowly obliged. However he still held onto Yibo's hand.

Haikuan shook his head and apologized to the doctors, explaining the delicate situation. Ever since Yibo became hospitalized, Zhan would barely let anyone but himself come near the younger. The doctors brush it off and continue with their own tasks as Haikuan moves outside to greet the members.

"Xiao Zhan's situation is becoming a little crazy..."

"I know... He's practically lost his mind..", Sungjoo agreed. The members ask Haikuan to join them for dinner to talk about plans.

"So what will your group do now..?", the elder asked. The members stayed quiet.

"We don't know anything about our future plans as a group... But we do know that without Yibo, nothing will be the same..", Yixuan answered.

"I think we'll disband..", Wenhan added. And Haikuan nodded in understanding.

"I want to say it is a good decision considering the situation, but... So many hearts will break because of the disbanding... but mainly because of..."

The group's smiles faded, and the five of them continued to eat in silence for the rest of the Dinner. At the end, when they were about to go, Seungyoun brought up the last question.

"W-What about... Xiao Zhan... What will... What will he do?"

Haikuan sighs, meeting his gaze on the ground.

"He'll leave everything behind... or he'll... end his own life.."

The group gasps.

"Can't we stop him?!"

"No.. Yibo is the only one that can control him... if that one person is gone.. Then he won't hesitate to end his life..."

The group begins to panic.

"So we're going to lose both of them..", Yixuan stated. And Seungyoun begins to cry again.

Once the group was settled, Haikuan decided to go and find Haiqiao, probably to tell him and Zoey to stop trying to find medicine. Nothing's going to work. It was over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't understand why you're trying to make us stop.", Haiqiao asked.

"Because, it's pointless..", Haikuan replies. Zoey scoffs then shakes her head.

"Listen, patients can give up and even they're families can give up. But a doctor's sole purpose is to save their patient."

Haiqiao agreed.

"We agree with Xiao Zhan. I don't care even if it's a 1% Chance. We'll do our best."

Haikuan tried to inquired further, but the two doctors were called to an emergency meeting, so they parted ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"DiDi..", Xiao Zhan gently whispered, as he wiped down Yibo's hand.

"Are you comfortable?... Is GeGe doing this right...?"

The elder chuckles.

"I know... you can barely hear me... I hope all this talking will help though.."

Xiao Zhan finishes the cleaning and puts the cloth away. Then he takes a face wipe to moisturise Yibo's face and lips.

"You're getting prettier every day, Bo-Di.. But you were always pretty.."

The elder cleans the side table again and takes a seat on Yibo's bed, clasping his hand in his.

".. Do you.. Do you want to hear a story, DiDi?"

He smiles again, knowing Yibo won't respond, but continues anyway. The elder reaches down into his bag and picks out a thick, leather book.

"Have you heard of the 'Lovers Till Death'?"

Zhan takes Yibo's hand in his, pressing acupuncture points.

"Probably not.. You see, DiDi...When I was born, My parents got super busy. So I was handed straight to my Grandma, who lived alone in a little cottage... "

The elder sighed.

"And in that little cottage, she would write lots of children's story books..."

Zhan smiles.

"You know, Bo-Di... I really wanted her to see me married... but she passed away a couple of years ago.."

He brushes some loose hairs over Yibo's forehead.

"She would have loved you so much..."

Then he caressed the younger's face.

"Anyway... On with the story...."

Zhan sighs again, as he began to tell his Grandma's story.....

-

-

-

--

-

-

-

-

-

--

-

-

--

Splitting this bc of the picture limit, don't mind me~

- NamelessElixir💞