||•Chapter 2•||

He was thankful for the members for supporting him like this, and he always returned their favors and mood-lifts with a sincere 'Thank You'. But he couldn't just forget his first love like that.

He couldn't just forget Zhang Yixing who he had been in love with for years. He couldn't forget the joy and attention that Yixing always gave him, whenever they met. He just couldn't forget. But he could at least pretend. Pretend to be happy, for his beloved Hyungs and fans.

Yibo was in his bathroom, thinking about this. He looked at his broken self. Messy blonde hair, unfocused eyes, tear-stained cheeks, pale, dry skin. He was a mess. And all this because of one idol who cheated on him. Yibo calmed himself down, then turned the tap on. He reached his hands and cupped some cold water before violently splashing it across his face.

 He reached his hands and cupped some cold water before violently splashing it across his face

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

He did this until he felt nothing. Until he was numb on the outside, just like the inside. He took a deep breath before reaching down under the sink, taking out a small cardboard box labelled 'Hair Dye'. To convince his Hyungs, he decided to fake a 'Break up Glow Up'. You know, those periods when the nerd turns cool after his popular crush rejected him.

Yibo knew damn well that this glow up wasn't going to change anything inside him. But at least it will put his Hyungs' minds to ease. At least this means he could convince them to start going to the company to practice for their new comeback again. At least he could stand on that stage and show his fans his passive side again. At least he could pretend.

After placing the box next to the basin, he reaches down again to take out scissors. Oh how badly did he want to feel the pleasure of slicing that sharp object across his pale wrist, watching the blood seep out like crimson over snow. But he knew that this would give his Hyungs more of a headache that already. So he overcomes that urge and lifts it to cut his long blonde locks.

Just like pure gold dropping from the sky, his hair drops into the basin. Once he cut off a good amount, he prepares the dye and applies it evenly over his silky hair, often massaging his scalp and smoothing the brown over blonde. He stayed like that for a couple of hours before removing his clothes and stepping into the shower head for a cold shower.

Yibo massaged off the dye, leaving his hair dyed in a deep brunette, complimenting his soft, pale skin. Throughout the shower, he cleaned up. He used soap to scrub off the sweat smell and afterwards, he used cream to smooth his dried white skin. After everything, he took a look at himself.

 After everything, he took a look at himself

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Yes, he looked much better than before. Maybe the natural brown was perfect for him after all. There was no need to bleach it blonde in the first place. But Yibo didn't care about that. He looked better than before, better enough to convince his Hyungs. That's all that mattered. Yibo walks out of his attached bathroom and into his closet. He picks out a pretty good outfit for the day.

 He picks out a pretty good outfit for the day

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Something did change inside him. Before he was sad, angry at himself, guilty, and broken. Now, he is just numb. He felt no emotion. He felt like doing nothing. He had a poker face. He didn't smile. He didn't laugh. He was just a living doll.

Yibo walks out of his bedroom and into the shared living room where all his Hyungs were waiting for him. They look up and their eyes widen upon the new look of Wang Yibo. Yibo gives off a soft and gentle smile, trying to complete the whole 'Glow Up' challenge.

"Yibo-Ah????? You cut your hair??", Wenhan started.

"Not only CUT, he also DYED his hair!", Seungyoun added. Both Sungjoo and Yixuan just exchanged looks, before looking back at Yibo.

"Yibo.", Yixuan started.

"Are you okay?"

Yibo widens his smile with much pain before nodding.

"Yes Hyungs. I feel better. Thank you for taking care of me these past months."

He bows a full 90 degrees . All four of his Hyungs exchange looks this time. I mean come on, they've known this boy since their years as Trainees. They knew that Yibo was still not over Yixing. However, they wanted to make Yibo happy, even if it was just pretending. He might forget the difference between sincere and pretend if they play along long enough.

The Hyungs stand up and Seungyoun runs over, wrapping his arms around Yibo's shoulders from the side.

"Aigooo our baby Maknae is back!!!!"

"Aish..", Yibo jokes. Though anyone who heard could notice that it was forced and fake. But the Hyungs brush it off.

"Alright you brats go sit down already. Sungjoo-ah, come help me carry the meals to the table.", says Yixuan.

"Aye Aye, Hyung!", Sungjoo replies. The men all settle in and Yibo begins to snicker a little along with them all. Of course, even those little smiles and snickers were all fake. After all, Yibo was numb. He felt nothing. But he still pretended.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Thanks for reading

-------------Thanks for reading

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

- NamelessElixir 💞