||•Chapter 5•||

Xiao Zhan P.O.V.

That boy bore beauty beyond words, but I noticed the slight glint of pain in his face. He was breathtaking but he was also in some sort of pain. I had already noticed the cuts on his hand when we greeted each other and the fact that he was purposely looking away from my face indicated his trust issues. Surely he had problems.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice my office door being opened and my friend, Meng Zoey walking inside.

"Zhan."

I flinched in surprise and looked up at her.

"Zoey! When did you come back to China?"

"Last night. I got the documents you asked for."

She hands the files to me and I flip through the pages.

"So they really are after us?"

"Hm."

Zoey, her younger brother and I had been childhood friends. We grew up together and saw each other grow up. I had always thought of her as my elder sister and her brother as my younger, just like Lu-Jie and Zhuocheng. On the other hand, my step siblings weren't blood related to me.

In a way they were my cousins. Our parents were best friends. And when their parents died in an accident, my parents adopted them. But I've never felt burdened or jealous of how they were treated. I loved their company and I love that we are family.

Maybe because I was an only child. Lu-Jie had already gotten married to an annoying peacock and from last night, I learned that Zhuocheng had some affair as well. Thank goodness. I was afraid that kid would never find someone.

Beside the point. We have many people after our company's fame and fortune. But who's going to take over when I'm sitting on this chair as the CEO? No one. Not to brag, but my skills in Business cannot be compared to the ordinary, or even the extra ordinary. Mainly one of the reasons why our company has always been number 1.

Anyway, Zoey begins to walk out but I stop her. There was something I really needed her to do.

"What?"

"L-Listen..... Can you do me a favour?"

"Depends on what it is."

"Can you track a boy for me?"

"I don't know if you realise that is a crime or not, but I will not put myself in prison for you."

"Tsk, this boy is my Fiancé, I have the right!"

"Then do it yourself. You have a diploma on hacking, don't you?", she asked sarcastically.

"I-I-"

"Either way, I have to go now. Take care."

And with that she walks out of the room. I sigh and slump back into my chair. I know the next time I see him should be at the aisle, but for some unknown reason, I really missed him. Should I really hack him myself? Or should I be normal and just ask his mother or something. I decided to not risk the prison and dialed Mrs. Wang.

"Yes?", I heard her tired voice from the other side of the line.

"Sorry to wake you, Mrs. Wang. This is Xiao Zhan.."

"Oh! Zhan! Don't worry, I wasn't sleeping. Why did you call, dear?"

"I was wondering where Yibo was...."

"Ohh, I see~", I hear her chuckle from the other side of the line.

"Yea..", I reply shyly and embarrassed.