||•Chapter 44• 𝐵𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝒜'𝒴𝓊𝒶𝓃 4 •||

(HOURS LATER)

Yibo was suffocating. On one side of the bed, under the comfort of his arm, was a sleeping A'Yuan. On the other side, sleeping while using his arm as a pillow, was Xiao Zhan, getting his lost sleep.

Of course, he loved having both his husband and baby cling to him like this, but the bed was uncomfortable, he just went through labour, and he seriously needed help. Yibo saw his saviours walk in, both their parents - who gasp and immediately begin to cry as they came over to hold A'Yuan. The four of them gather around in tears.

"Hi~ *Sniff* Hi, it's gramma~ *Sniff*.", says Yibo's mother - in a gentle, trembling voice. She then hands it to Zhan's mother, who accepts softly.

"Hello, Baby~ Hello A'Yuan~ *Sniff* I'm granny~"

The baby was clueless, reaching out to touch each grandparent with one hand while staring from face to face while nibbling on his other hand. But he was comfortable with these strangers. Yibo was watching them all, smiling during the interaction, when Zhan's father came up and pulled Zhan's ear.

"This brat. Look at him sleeping when it was his husband who gave birth!"

"Aahhh, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow~ OKAY, OKAY, I'M UP!", he exclaimed and quickly switched Yibo into a more comfortable position - one that ended up with Yibo laying in Zhan's arms.

"There. He's comfortable now- OW!"

"Doing this in front of our parents! Shameless!", Yibo said with a beet red face, and Zhan just pouts, staring at the parents giggling quietly at their interaction.

"As a newborn's father - I do not deserve to be treated this way. Hmph! A'Yuan, come to Daddy - everyone's hitting me!", he reached, but the baby only stared at him for a second before turning away, as though rejecting the offer.

"Ah! Would you look at that! This whole family has left my side! I'm alone! Even my son has chosen his mother over me!", Zhan dramatically placed a hand over his forehead and everyone continued to laugh at him. At some point, the parents noticed A'Yuan beginning to cry, reaching for Yibo.

So Zhan's mother gently dropped A'Yuan into Yibo's arms. Xiao Zhan came in, directing Yibo on how to hold a child - since he himself loved babies. On the other hand, no matter how much Yibo loved his baby - he had no experience with children. In fact the idea of his own child had never crossed his mind for as long as he could remember.

"You have to support the head like this and use the other hand to wrap around the bottom of his body.. Just like that..."

Yibo was a bit nervous - often shaking out of anxiety - which is why Zhan was always there to slowly help him feel comfortable with holding A'Yuan. But after a while, the cuteness of his baby had made him forget his fear of hurting it - so he distracted himself with the kisses.

"Zhan-Ge - was this tiny thing really inside me?... I can't believe it..."

Zhan chuckled and was about to answer when Zoey, Haiqiao and Yubin came into the suite.

"It felt like your stomach was filled to the brim right? Even though the child is tiny."

The parents decided to say their goodbyes and leave as soon as the doctors came in.

"Dr Ziyi, Dr Haiqiao. And Yubin~", Yibo acknowledged, and smiled at the little kid trudging towards them with a motorbike toy in hand.

"Yibo-GeGe, Zhan-GeGe~~"

The kid jumped up and Zhan grabbed him into his embrace.

"Binnie~~ Come and look at your new friend!"