||•Chapter 3•||

Days moved to weeks which then advances to months. UNIQ's comeback was just around the corner when Yibo's parents visited. They were already aware of their son's love relationship with Yixing, but they didn't expect Yixing to cheat on Yibo.

The members had already informed them of the break up but Mr and Mrs Wang couldn't visit them until months later because of the lockdown. They did have some important news to share with Yibo in person.

But either way, they managed to arrive at the dorms, surprising Yibo.

"Ma.. Pa... What are you both doing here?"

Mr and Mrs Wang smile upon hearing their son come out from the hallway, however, they were quiet surprised with his new glow up.

"We have some important issues to talk about but it seems you have something to talk to us about too?", Mr Wang raises the question, glancing up and down at Yibo who just stood there, facing them with a stoic, emotionless face.

"Ah... Yes.. I've decided to move on so.... Yea this glow up is for that..."

Mrs Wang runs over and envelopes Yibo in a warm hug as Mr Wang just shakes his head with a sigh. Of course they could see through Yibo's lies, they were his parents. Especially Mrs Wang who gave birth to her baby. She knew all of Yibo's moods without having to think twice. Yibo just stands in place. He didn't push her away, nor did he return the hug. He was just a doll. A doll with no emotion.

Mrs Wang reluctantly pulls away after her husband clears his throat, reminding her of the real reason why they came to visit him. Yibo just stands still, staring at the floor.

"Yibo. You know your mother and I love you very much, don't you?"

Yibo nods.

"Then you should also know that the decisions we make are for your own good and benefits... Right?"

Mr Wang's voice cracks at the end. Even he was a little nervous. But Yibo just nods again. Mr Wang sighs before continuing.

"Yibo. We want you to marry my friend's son."

Yibo stays quiet for a minute, leaving Mr and Mrs Wang to be even more nervous. But to their surprise, Yibo nods, once again. His face doesn't change. It was the same stoic look that he walked into the room with. Mr and Mrs Wang heave a sigh of relief, before Mrs Wang runs over and hugs her again. But just like before, he just stands still. Mr Wang smiles.

"That's good son. You will be introduced to him soon."

Mr Wang comes over and hugs his son too. Yibo's parents leave after that. They didn't want to disturb the preparations for the comeback and the band would be a little uncomfortable with them there, so they left.

Yibo just continued on with his emotionless day, but not without telling his Hyungs about his parents' decision. Sure, they were surprised. And yes, they didn't like the idea of their Dongsaeng getting into a relationship right after a break up. But Yibo's parents suggested this and Yibo accepted it as well. So they could only hope that Yibo's husband is kind hearted and loyal.

******************

A few days later

******************

Yibo's phone rang, and he picked it up without checking the I.D.

"Yibo-ah?"

"Ma?", Yibo replied. It was Mrs. Wang.

"Sorry for disturbing, we just wanted you to know that you're going to meet your husband tonight."

Yibo doesn't reply which makes Mrs Wang anxious. She quickly follows up her words.

"I-Is that okay, Yibo?"

"Yes, Ma."

He listened to whatever that was asked of him. He was a doll after all. Mrs Wang let out a sigh of relief.

"Alright, baby. Don't work too hard and take care of yourself. Your dad will pick you up tonight."

"Okay. Goodbye."

Yibo cuts the call and returns the phone to the table. He didn't care about anything happening around him. He didn't care that he was going to be contracted to someone as a husband for the rest of his life. He didn't care that he was going to be ringed into marriage. He didn't care about his husband.

He didn't care about anything. He just followed whatever that was asked of him, like a doll. He walks to the living room and informs his Hyungs of his plans for the night. Again, he was bombarded with questions like 'Are you sure about this?' or 'Is this what you really want?', but he returned everything with a yes and a polite nod. The Hyungs probably realised that Yibo was just going along with whatever his parents wanted, but they could do nothing about it.

As usual, they proceeded with their day to the company for their comeback. Yibo was quiet as usual. He said nor did nothing. He would smile at his Hyungs' jokes, but anyone who saw could tell that it was a fake and forced smile. Finally, the night came. Yibo effortlessly took out some clothes and accessories. He wanted to look presentable for his parents and members to be convinced about this decision. At this point, his only goal was to convince.

--------------Ahahah

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Ahahah.... Thanks for reading(ᗒᗩᗕ)

 Thanks for reading(ᗒᗩᗕ)

- NamelessElixir 💞