CHAPTER 3

Days passed into weeks and these two were still in the vibing spirit, as Nigerian teenagers would say.

Jasmine thought Dave's interest for her will last for just that night or at most, two days. But this was different.
Something about him kept drawing her closer and it made her yearn to know him more.
Dave felt the same way towards her also.

Jasmine could tell from the way he behaved towards her.
They grew closer by the day, chatting, every morning, afternoon, mid-day, evening and night. The two were really fond of each other.

Jasmine began to see herself keeping late nights because of him.

Bad influence.

she chatted with Dave till 3am, fighting the burning urge to sleep.
And sooner, they graduated to phonecalls. They could talk on the phone for an hour without running out of what to say.

Dave was a great singer and Jasmine always used that to her advantage by asking Dave to sing for her whenever he called.
She always told him that she wouldn't sleep peacefully if Dave didn't agree to sing her a song. And Dave was always more than ready to do so.

The craziest part of it all was that the 16 year old Jasmine always sneaked out to make a phone call with Dave.
Sometimes, she would stay in the kitchen, sometimes she would sit on the window and in some cases, she hid inside her wardrobe.

Crazy much huh?

All the things we do for love.

*********

Weeks turned into months and it seemed like everything just got better than it was. Attachments began to set in.

Dave was always telling her what he was up to and Jasmine also did the same. Dave was literally the fastest replier Jasmine had ever come across since she began her chatting with people.

She soon began to realize that all of this was God answering her prayers.

She could recall making a prayer to God about a Friend in all and she could see all the qualities she asked for in Dave.

He was tall, Brown skinned, he listened, he was brutally honest, he had curly hair she could play with, he had a great voice which he could possibly use in melting her heart and above all, he was God fearing.

Jasmine began to cut everybody off from her life.
Dave became the only reason she came online as she stopped replying the texts she got from other guys. she no longer felt the need to communicate with anyone who wasn't her Dave.

**************

Sooner than expected, they began to confide in each other.

The trust was already built. They could tell each other anything.
Dave was three years older than Jasmine but he was so humble, they played like they were age mates.

Jasmine found comfort in him and they started to use the "I love you" words for each other before going to bed at night.

She soon started to realize that like and addict to cocaine, she was getting addicted to Dave smith. He was always running through her mind.
They couldn't last an hour without talking or chatting with each other.

The boy who made it a habit to always make her smile, genuinely.

She found herself always missing him terribly whenever he wasn't there. To her, it felt like she was incomplete without him. Dave was now a part of her life.

Whenever she paid him a visit, they would play like they were kids and have deep conversations like they were adults.
They rarely got to see each other but whenever they did, they made it one hell of a day to remember.