CHAPTER 7.

A birthday party of a family friend came up and Jasmine's family was invited.
Jasmine had no interest in attending the party but she didn't have her own say in her parents house so she sluggishly came along.

On getting there, they realized it was a teenage party so they decided to leave Jasmine behind.
The birthday began and people were having fun but all that was on Jasmine's mind was Dave.
She picked her phone to call him and ask if he could attend the party but his phone was switched off.

She started to contemplate on if she should go over to his place but she got a second thought.

What if her parents come down to pick her up and they don't meet her at the party, what happens then?
She would be dead for good!
She made up her mind to stay at the party and have fun.

Several guys were trying to have a dance with her and the others were trying to get her number.
She kept on turning down the guys who asked for a dance and she gave her number to just one guy.

Just because he was pretty.

She ate, ate, and drank.
She drank an alcoholic wine though but she didn't get high.
She had what they called  ''self-control.''

It was already 7pm and her parents had not come to pick her up.

People were still having fun but Jasmine decided to take her leave because who knows, her parents could be testing her to see if she would use her initiative.

She had no money on her so she decided to take a walk home.
On her way home, she met Joshua.
Joshua is a friend to Dave {he is one of the guys she met with Dave on the first day,} and he is a cordial friend to Jasmine.
She asked him to see her off and he willingly agreed.

They started to talk about her relationship with Dave as they walked.
He asked if she had feelings for Dave and she told him she didn't, defending that they were just cool friends.

She was minding the response she gave to Joshua because she knew there was a full possibility that her conversation with him would be taken to Dave.

Joshua was also a very honest dude and so Jasmine asked him about his relationship with Kylie.
Joshua confessed to her that Dave was really into Kylie and he was planning on confessing his feelings to her soon.

Jasmine's heart skipped a bit after hearing this.
she knew this was because of what she just heard Joshua say but as usual, she acted like she felt nothing and gave nice compliments about Kylie.

 They got to a junction and they saw Dave approaching with two other guys.
It was her ex boyfriend and her ex crush, how crazy!
She started to have mixed feelings.
She felt kind of happy because she saw Dave and at the same time, she felt guilty after seeing her ex boyfriend.

As for her ex crush, she didn't care because she was now over him.
The guys came closer and met up with the two.
"Big head, how are you?"
Dave asked and Jasmine replied with an "You're really not okay Dave." She wanted to go on and tell him about  how she was calling him earlier but couldn't get to him but Dave on the other hand, acted like he wasn't the one she was talking to and diverted his attention to Joshua.

This made Jasmine feel really stupid but as usual, she played cool like nothing just happened.
Dave was done talking to Joshua and he left with the other guys without saying a word to Jasmine.

That was it!
Did he just make her look stupid in the presence of  two people who were once important to her?
She couldn't believe this just happened.

Joshua tried to explain to her that he only did this because her ex boyfriend was present and because he still had feelings for her, Dave wouldn't want to make him feel bad by interacting too much with her.