CHAPTER 36

It is finally Christmas and God knows I am not happy. I just feel odd. Odd because he isn't here.

I come down from my bed and head to the living room. Apparently, everyone is awake because it is a big day. A day to be excited about . Everyone wishes me a merry Christmas and I wish them the same.

My mum was up as early as 4am to prepare our Christmas rice; the only thing I am excited about.
Don't get me wrong but I really cannot trade my mummy's Christmas rice and chicken for anything in the world. It's like I always anticipate this day from the beginning of the year. Now that it has finally arrived, nothing is going to stop me from eating to my satisfaction, not even him!

My mum however, interrupts my thoughts as she asks me to get dressed and take food to our family friends and neighbors around.
This is like a tradition to us. A tradition I happen to love because the people my mum sends me to always gifts me with me money as a way of showing love and appreciation.

After All, it's a season of love isn't it?
Although, I am not lucky enough to receive that love from the person I love the most.

I quickly take off my hair bonet, brush my teeth and put on an extra large shirt and a baggy trouser. I'm not in the mood to dress girlie as it is.

By the time I'm done, I go to meet my mum who has already packaged their food in a very organised and attractive manner

By the time I'm done, I go to meet my mum who has already packaged their food in a very organised and attractive manner. It makes me crave for mine even more. I can't wait to get back and devour on my mum's special delicacy.

The best part is that there are different varieties of food so you are free to make your choice

The best part is that there are different varieties of food so you are free to make your choice. She made fruit salad, pounded yam and Egusi soup garnished with enough goat meat, stock fish and neatly sliced kpomo. She also made White rice and pepper soup, Garnished jollof rice and turkey, Nkwobi, which was specially made for her husband, pastries too.

The main work will begin when my Dad's business partners and my mum's friends start arriving. Today is going to be one hell of a busy day. But one thing I'm sure of is that I am going to make money. Besides, my cousins are around to help do the dishes and general clean up so the workload won't be too much on me.