CHAPTER 17.

Everything about Dave changed as he began to not give a fuck about Jasmine, again!

That's what she thought tho, but that's not actually what it was.

Dave accepted the fact that he had fallen for her and he couldn't put up with that.
He knew he would live in guilt for the rest of his life if Jasmine's ex found out that they were fucking with each other.
He was left with only one option,
Pushing her away.
The same way he behaved to other girls he knew he was getting really attached to.

He began to treat her like trash and this messed with Jasmine mentally as she couldn't concentrate with the exams she was writing.
That night, she couldn't read, she couldn't eat and she couldn't think straight.

She told Tokyo about it and he was trying to calm her down and make her feel better but all was in vain.
She just needed to talk to Dave to be okay.
With the anger and pain in her, she sent him a voice note pouring out her full emotions to him.

She told him to leave her alone because she needed to concentrate for her exams.
She told him to stop running through her mind.
She asked him to block her so she won't know what was going on in his life.
She told him she hated him so much for stressing her this way.

He saw all these messages and replied.

"It's the arrogance in the voice for me.
We warned ourselves about getting too attached to each other when we met didn't we?
Now I'm no longer doing the things I used to do and you're getting upset.
I know your vibe but I'm intentionally not giving it to you.
I've never blocked anybody and you are not an exception.
You better go and read for your exams so you will pass😹."

Dave sent this message with pain in his heart.
The laughing emoji he attached was all fake.

He wanted to tell her how much he loved her and how she was the best girl he had ever come across in his life but he couldn't.
He hated to see her hurt because of him.
He didn't want her to leave but he had to let her go by treating her badly.

Jasmine saw this message and she didn't know how to feel.

She asked why he wasn't giving her the vibes she needed even when he knew what she wanted but he kept on ignoring the question and saying something else.

She told Tokyo all that he said and he asked her to just confess her feelings to him but Jasmine refused. She knew he wasn't that dumb to not know that she was in love with him.

Tokyo still persuaded her to confess her feelings, all in all.

The next morning, she was prepared for school and she stood outside waiting for a cab to come take her to school.

She saw Dave's car approaching and it parked right in front of her.
He offered her a ride and she accepted it.
They didn't really talk much because she had absolutely nothing to say to him.

They had a lot to say to each other but nobody could just start up the conversation.
All through the ride, all she did was wonder how someone like him had the power to hurt her so bad and also make her feel good at the same time.
He arrived at her school and she couldn't come down because she couldn't open the door. Funny right? It was all Dave's handwork.

He chuckled as he came down to open the door for her.
"You just like stressing your boyfriend." He stated, letting out a small smile.

She didn't understand what that statement meant but she just gave him a pale smile.
He wished her good luck in her exams and she replied with a thank you.

He watched her walk away before driving off.

This was an issue to Jasmine because she couldn't walk properly knowing the person she was in love with was staring at her.