CHAPTER 25

Jasmine walked into her house and surprisingly, the door wasn't locked.

She silently hoped her dad wasn't back because that wouldn't do any good to her at this point. Instead, it would add to the mental and emotional breakdown she was experiencing.

She heaved a sigh of relief when her mother walked out of the kitchen cleaning her hands with the kitchen hand towel.

Why was she home so early?

''Hey mum.'' She said, smiling.

''How was school?''
Her mum asked,returning the smile.

She quickly thought back.
School was most definitely fun having Drey around. But she couldn't tell that to her mum.

Being a very inquisitive person, Mrs Wilson would want to know what made school so fun and Jasmine couldn't dare tell her mum that it was because she had a guy around making her all happy.

A typical Nigerian parent would read a lot of meaning into that.

''School was good.'' she replied in monotone not wanting her mum  to see her excitement.

''You're home early today. Is anything wrong?''

She added, placing her bag on the dining table and making effort to take off her stockings.

''Yeah not really.
Christopher is coming over today tho and he's going to be here for a while.
His mum said he's trying to process his admission into unilag so he needs somewhere to stay.
I had to come home early to prepare something nice for him since he's coming all the way from Abuja.''
Mrs Wilson stated.

Oh, she muttered.
The way some people perceive everything about Lagos tho. So he cannot school in Abuja or what?
Jasmine questioned.

''Maybe it's his choice. Go in and freshen up quickly. I'll need you to get me some things from the grocery store.
I'll be preparing at least three soups today. That should see us through the end of this month.''

Jasmine's heart skipped three bits because she knew it was very close to Dave's apartment.

What if they ran into each other?

Oh God!

Dave's house was close to everything and everyone, literally.

He stayed close to her ex.
He stayed close to Ryan.
He stayed close to her fashion designer.
He also stayed close to a bank.
The only bank in her estate.

Some of her mum's friends stayed close to him too.

Jasmine immediately jerked back into reality as she didn't want her mum to notice her discomfort.

"Haew mummy be calming down oo. Jasmine said,laughing. Today is 20th and you want to make three soups that will last us for this month alone? How many are we in this house?" She asked, looking as normal as she could and her mum bought it.

"Just go and do what I asked you to do." Her mum replied.

"We will eat it till whenever," she said in conclusion.

Jasmine went into her room and took off her uniform.
She then went into the bathroom to have a quick shower.
When she came out, she felt really refreshed and she picked up her phone to connect to her speaker.

Do freestyle by Gabbytane came on and she laid on her bed,singing along.

She didn't want to talk to anybody and so she didn't bother about coming online.

She almost gave up to sleep ignoring her subconscious that kept reminding her that she had to run an errand for her mum.

''Jasmine are you not done preparing?''