CHAPTER 46a

1st April, 2022.
Two weeks until Jasmine's elegant eighteen✨❤.

Dave's POV.

Surprisingly, it has been a month since I went to Jasmine's place, specifically the day I met with her mum for the very first time. I must confess, this year is really running! 2021 wasn't as fast as this.

Jasmine's birthday is in a few weeks time and I'm planning on doing something special for her. Firstly, to make up for my previous mistake. Secondly, because it's her eighteenth and it's special to her. Thirdly, because she deserves that and more.

Her WAEC examinations had already commenced, making her to become unsteady online. I don't blame her though, I understand that she needs to study and all. That didn't affect our everyday calls tho. Thankfully, WAEC wasn't an everyday thing so they are days where she would be at home because she didn't have papers.

My plan was to organize a surprise birthday for her and I want to Involve her mum in the preparations because I believe she would be of great help. Plus, I can't do this on my own too. My relationship with Mrs. Wilson has been on a great side ever since I met her. I'm very grateful that she accepts me into the family.

I decide to call her and discuss my idea with her so we could begin the preparations on time. I really wanted this to happen and I pray Jasmine would love this. I'm ready to put my all to make this work. Mrs. Wilson picks up after the third ring.

"French Jigga," was the next thing she said, making me smile slightly.

"Good afternoon ma'am." I greeted cheerfully.

"How are you my love?"

"I'm fine thank you ma'am. I wanted to discuss something with you but I don't know if you're less busy at the moment." I go straight to the point because we didn't have all the time in the world.

"Is it something you would love to talk about on phone or you want to come to the house?" She asked nicely.

"I'd prefer coming over." I said.

"Okay then, I'll be waiting." With that, I hung up and went to put on something more appropriate.

I got into my car and drove off to her place. Thankfully, Jasmine wasn't at home. She had papers today. Mrs. Jasmine offered me a red velvet cake accompanied with a vanilla flavored ice cream. I was going to refuse it but she insisted so I had no choice.

"So what's this thing you want to talk about that made you come over?" She asked after we made some small talks here and there.

"Uhm, it's about Jasmine's upcoming birthday." I lean into the chair in a more comfortable manner.

"Okay, what about it?"

"I was thinking of organizing a little surprise party for her eighteenth." I said.

"Stop!" She yelled, taking me aback. Did I say something wrong?

"You have to be kidding me right now Dave, you just stole my idea!" She exclaimed, making me heave a sigh of relief. Thank God I didn't say something wrong.

"Wow. I guess we have some sort of connection then." I smile happily.

"That's for real. So tell me, what are your plans?" She wanted to hear me out.

"So I was thinking we could just do something really small but at the same time, unique. We invite a few of her friends over, ask them to come with their presents, bring a disc jockey and all those necessary things we would need for a party yunno. I've already confirmed that she won't have papers on that day so I will just take her out to distract her then when everything and everyone is ready, I bring her back home."