CHAPTER 10.

25th, December 2020.

Third person POV.

Christmas finally arrived and it was a great day for Jasmine because she accomplished her mission of eating enough chicken!

She had already gotten her hair done, fixed her nails, bought her accessories and everything a girl would need for the season.

After taking her breakfast that morning which consisted of garnished Jollof rice, salad and sauced chicken, stepped down with an exotic juice, she went out later in the day with her family to have fun.
They ate again, took pictures and she uploaded them on her WhatsApp status.

Dave viewed all of them to the last but he didn't reply to any.
Although, they had all already wished each other a merry Christmas earlier that day.

Jasmine really had fun this season that she almost forgot about Dave.

On the evening of Christmas, she went out with her girlfriend and they did not spend a dime as everything they ate and drank was taken care of by guys who were trying to have their numbers.

They took pictures and made videos, watched people perform on stage,and made new friends.

The next day, a male friend of hers requested to take her out and she agreed.
He took her to a restaurant and when they arrived, he ordered for a bottle of wine and some other dishes.

She was made to order whatever she wanted and she made sure her wine was non alcoholic.
She wouldn't let what happened the last time repeat itself.

They started to have a conversation and they get to know more about each other because it wasn't quite long since they met.

The reason Dave was always persuading her to talk to other guys became more clear now, so they could be there for her when he wasn't.

He knew what he was saying after all.

Another guy requested to take her out to the cinemas on the 28th but she turned him down.

She didn't have all the freedom in the world.

Well technically, she kinda did being the only child whose mother was always at work and father flying in and out of the country occasionally but she didn't misuse the freedom she had. Asides Dave, she rarely visited people.

After a period of two days, Dave came online and he played a prank on her.
While they were chatting with each other, he replied in a very funny and unusual way.

Jasmine immediately observed this and she asked him why he was typing nonsense.

He said he was having a hangover from last night's party and Jasmine began to bombard him with questions.

{Jasmine}
What the fuck, last night's party!?"

{Dave}
"Yes, I had so much fun."

Her heart began to beat a bit faster.

What had he possibly gone to do?
Were his cousins now misleading him?
Is this why he was so excited to go on the trip all along?

she asked him these questions but he ignored them all.

"I drank a lot tho." He continued.

{Jasmine}

''Hope you didn't smoke? Please tell me you didn't smoke.''

{Dave}
''I just took two or three puffs of weed but my cousins wrapped like five blunts.''

Oh God
What is this boy getting himself into?