CHAPTER 40

A/N
I'm sorry for the slow updates. You guys caused it tho cause you aired my 'Random Q/A' but I just decided to update this chapter because it has been sitting in my draft for too long now.
In case you've forgotten what happened, Dave came back in the last chapter when Jasmine's mum sent her and chris to withdraw money from the bank. And he Invited her over to his place the next day.
Note: we are still in the night of that day when he came back.
                          **

Third Person POV.

Dave is back.
9th January 2022.
Dave came back!
Jasmine couldn't stop thinking about what just happened.
Was she dreaming?
How did all of this just happen?

She couldn't really fathom how she felt about him coming back into her life because she knew that she would give in and run to him. He made her broken heart beat again and she never wanted that feeling to end.

She went into her room immediately she came in and went online on IG. She tapped on  her message requests and she saw the message she had been waiting for for months.

The message from just one person, it was there.

Dave's message was there.

He had no idea how long she had been waiting for this day to come. The day when she would finally receive a text from him.

{Dave}
Hey Jasmine.

{Jasmine}
Hey. . .

He replied 15minutes later and she assumed he hadn't gotten home yet. Maybe he was still driving. She used that as an opportunity to go through his page. She followed back and liked his pictures. He already made the step of following her when they were together in the car.

{Dave}
How are you?
Sent 9:58pm

Each text she received from him made her heart skip in bits.
Only him could make her feel this way.

{Jasmine}
How am I supposed to feel?
Sent 9:59pm

She tried to replied casually.

{Dave}
Lol, I don't know.

{Jasmine}
Let me direct the question back to you. How are you, Dave?

{Dave}
I'm kinda happy.
Happy that I got to speak to you today and at the same time nervous.

{Jasmine}
Why are you nervous?

{Dave}
It's been long since we spoke and I don't even know how you see me now.
Can I call?
Seen 10:04pm

Wow! Dave smith wanted to call, interesting.

{Jasmine}
Sure.
0705405930*

{Dave}
I still have your number😅

{Jasmine}
Oh.
Seen 10:06pm.

Minutes later, she received an incoming call from Dave.

DAVE!