CHAPTER 24

She didn't know how much time she spent reminiscing until her mom called out her name.

"Jasmine!
Are you still asleep?
It's 6:30 girl
I'm leaving for work already."

"Uhmm,
I'm awake mom about to take my bath now
Have a nice day at work."
She replied almost shouting so her mom could hear her perfectly.

"Okay have a nice day at school love."
Her mom yelled back.

Even though Jasmine's mom could be a bit frustrating at times, she was still a very sweet woman and soft at heart.
The only thing was that she was a was a very busy woman who didn't really know what was going on in her only daughter's life.

Jasmine did her skincare routine and then took off her clothes to get into the shower.
Spending about 30minutes in there, she came out with her towel tied around her chest.

She took a sit in front of her mirror, dried her body, and then applied her lotion.

I hate you I love you by olive O'Brien ft Gnash was playing from her speaker.

After applying her lotion, she opened her drawer where she kept her undies and she picked out a matching bra and a g string that was purple in colour.

I hate you I love you I hate that I love you I don't want to but I can't put nobody else above you.
I hate you I love you I hate that I want you,
You want her you need her,and I will never be her.

She sang along as she put on her white singlet and a black tight.

After that, she put on her neatly ironed uniform.
It was a navy blue blazer with a lighter blue inner and a navy blue short skirt leaving part of her thighs exposed.
She put on her black socks stopping below her knee and
then went into the kitchen to take her favourite cereal, cocopops.

All alone I watched you watch her, like she's the only girl you've ever seen.
You don't care, you never did, you don't give a damn about me.
Yeah all alone I watch you watch her, she is the only thing you've ever seen.
How is it you never noticed..
That you were slowly killing me?
The song kept playing.

She sat on the dining table and finished it almost immediately.
She went back to keep the plate in the kitchen and then went back to her room.

I hate you I love you, I hate that I love you I don't want to but I can't put nobody else above you.
I hate you I love you I hate that I want you.
You want her, you need her, and I will never be her.

She sang along to the song and disconnected from her speaker immediately the song stopped playing.
In as much as she wanted to listen to all the sad songs on Earth, she had a school to attend.

She picked up her back pack and went out of the house, making sure to lock the door properly.

She stood out for more than 10minutes but she couldn't get a cab to take her to school.
She was running late.
The time was already reading 7:45am.

She began to take a walk down to the junction hoping for a cab to stop by.
She soon heard someone horning behind her and she stopped to see who it was.

He parked by her side and rolled his windows down.
"Mind if I drop you at school?" He asked, smiling.
It was the guy from the other day.
What was his name again?

Alex.

She stood there contemplating on if she should hop in or not.
She looked around and couldn't see any cab coming her way.
She checked her time and it was already reading 8:00am.