CHAPTER 29

She didn't even know why but she found herself waiting for him to meet up with her.

''Hi Nicole,'' Alex said. His face stretched into a grin as he finally caught up with her.

''It's Jasmine.''  She stated as she made a mental note not to ever lie about her name to anybody she comes across again.

''Oh. What a beautiful name you have.'' Alex said, lips still stretched in a grin.

''Thank you,'' she said in response.

''Soo. . . I  never got to see you since that day. And I never got to receive your number also.''
Alex stated, searching for any form of emotion in Jasmine's eyes.

Why was she this way?

''Why are you so persistent?''
Jasmine asked, looking up at him.

''I don't know, maybe because I like you.'' He stated, giving her a small glance before looking away.
He seemed kinda nervous.

''Give me your phone, let me put in my handle.'' Jasmine stated, stretching forth her hands. The guy didn't seem like someone who would give up on her anytime soon so she just had to give him her Instagram handle.

He quickly unlocked his phone and handed it over to her.
He was using an iPhone 11promax.

She typed in her username and handed the phone back to him.
He moved his fingers on his keyboard fastly and then turned the screen to her to signify that he just texted.

Jasmine just gave him a small nod and began to walk away.

''So, I'll see you online?''
Alex asked, kind of unsure if she was even going to reply his text.

''Sure.'' she responded, causally.

She loaded the card in her phone and then subscribed her data bundle.

She went back online on WhatsApp and she met unread messages from the people she replied earlier.

{Tokyo🍫💜}
''I've been busy with school Jasmine, I'm so sorry. I know you hate me now. But please, understand. School has been really stressful. I hate school asf!
Sent 4:57pm

She replied immediately.

Jasmine
It's all good, I understand. How have you been I miss you asf!😭

Sent 5:15pm.

{Jojo🐦😇}
I was thinking about the cinemas or maybe a restaurant. Which do you prefer?

{Jasmine}
The last time I went out, I visited a cinema. Let's go to a Chinese restaurant please😩😋
√√
Typing..

{Jojo🐦😇}
You and who wants to go to a Chinese restaurant😒😂? I rather sit in my house than to eat nonsense.
√√
Typing..

{Jasmine}

😂😂😂 see this village girl. So I cannot carry you to China? This is how you will go and be showing yourself there right😒😂💔
√√
Typing..

{Jojo🐦😇}
I don't think anything can even take me to china as I am so just rest😗😂. I rather remain in Nigeria than to fly to China😂.
√√
Typing..

{Jasmine}
🙆😂werey. Okay let's just go and get pizza and ice cream then.
√√
Typing..