CHAPTER 41

Time skip, one month later.

February 9th, 2022

Dave's POV.

It's been exactly a month since I had my first official kiss with Jasmine and onG, that day was one of the best days of my life. Jasmine is just the best girl in everything for real. I dead ass regret ever calling her a bad kisser. Out of the six girls I've kissed, Jasmine is the best.

Happiness is an understatement to the emotion I feel from having her back in my life,

-After several break ups.

We've become much more closer now, and inseparable if I may add. Although we do not talk everyday, the bond in our relationship has grown 10 times stronger. It feels like we are more matured and we are handling things maturely too.

I mean, the Jasmine I knew in the past would tie me up if I didn't respond to her text immediately  but presently, she has become really understanding, too understanding if I may add. Sometimes it feels like she isn't the Jasmine I used to know.

She no longer complains if I reply late or if I do not call her first. She doesn't even talk about seeing me. I'm the one always inviting her over now.

And I am going to be very honest and say that I miss that attention she used to give to me. I do not like this matured and understanding Jasmine that no longer disturbs.

I do not blame her though, I messed up and she has really learnt. She's no longer the down to earth lover girl who could do anything for the guy she loved. She's now really reserved and I do not know if it's the new her or it's because she's afraid to to be heartbroken all over again.

One thing is certain tho, I will never mess with her heart again. That girl deserves all the love in this world and I am going to give it to her.

I know how long it took for me to get her comfortable with me again. To show her that I didn't mean any hurt no more.
Early last month when she came over to my place occasionally, she still wasn't fully settled in.

I could tell because she wasn't acting like herself and the last thing I wanted was to rush her. I told her to take her time and since then till now, I think she's more comfortable and she's beginning adapt to the fact that I'm here to stay.

We just spoke not too long ago and she told me that she was hanging out with her closest male friend asides me which if I am going to be honest, made me slightly jealous. I've never liked the idea of that guy but who am I to table my feelings before her?

I was the one who left in the first place any way.

Besides, we weren't even in a relationship so I couldn't tell her who she should or shouldn't hang out with. She always mentions him in most of our conversations too. And the worst part is that she's very oblivious to the hurt she makes me feel whenever she brings him up.  I'm saying this because if there is one thing I'm really good at doing, it's hiding my jealousy.

I am very good at masking up my emotions, which is why many people see me as a happy boy who doesn't have any problems.

My thoughts get interrupted by the ring of my phone. I immediately pick it up to check if it was Jasmine calling but I thought wrong as the caller ID read Olivia.

"Hey babe," I say as I place the phone in my ear.

"Hi bear, how you doing today?"

"I'm good mama. How are you?" I respond, laying comfortably on my sofa.

"I'm okay, Just came back from the salon and I decided to check up on you." Olivia's voice plays from the line.

"Oh thanks, why did you visit the salon tho, the last time we met, your braids were still looking new." I say.

INSECURITIES.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara