CHAPTER 45

Jasmine's POV.

The drive home was short, courtesy of no traffic. I thank Mr. Gerald and make my way into the house to be faced with my mum. Is she really serious about this deal?

Incase you're wondering what the deal is about, it's concerning Dave. She asked me to invite him over because she wanted to meet him one on one. According to her, she wanted to meet the boy who made her daughter feel all these things. I guess that is why she's absent from work today.

I haven't even told the boy in question that my mum wants to see him. I have to do that right away. I say my greetings to her, we have small talks here and there about our day and then I leave her to freshen up.

Getting to my room, I quickly undress and head into the shower. I do the necessary and come out after fifteen minutes with my white towel tied around my chest. I dry up my body and begin to apply my body lotion and my face cream.

When I was done, I put on a big white burberry T-shirt that I stole from him with a white socks because it was cold. I pack my hair in a bun and apply some lip gloss on my lips. I wear my 3in1 necklace and put on my signature cologne. After doing all of this, I pick up my phone to call Dave on WhatsApp audio call.

He picked up on the very first ring, like he had been waiting for my call all day.

"Hey shawty," he spoke making me smile. I loved hearing his voice.

"Hi papi, how are you today?" I said in between smiles.

"I'm bored babe. Just been surfing through my socials, silently waiting for you to come online." He said. I think this is the best opportunity to use in inviting him over.

"Why don't you come over to my place then?" I offered. He chuckled before responding.

"Are you crazy babe? You want me to to face your dad?"

"Relax papi. My dad is not at home. Besides my mum asked me to invite you over."

"You have to be kidding me right now. Why would your mum want to see me?" Dave asked incredulously.

"That's a long story. I'm just going to state the needed and then you have to start heading down here." He muttered an incoherent okay causing me to continue.

How was I going to tell him that I was telling Tokyo about our kiss and then my mum overheard me? Dave isn't the kiss and tell type so I guess I'll just skip that part.

"So, remember I lied to come see you two days ago yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah. Happy new month by the way." I can't believe I forgot today is a new month. I've spoken to so many people today but somehow, Dave is the first person to wish me a happy new month.

"Same to you my love." I replied before proceeding with my story. "When I came back home that day, I was met with my mum and my dad and I lied to them that my supposed classmate was staying on the mainland which was why I wasn't able to come home on time. I silently pleaded for my mum to convince my dad for me and she did so. She was coming from the mainland too so she just chipped in and my dad believed our lie.

-Remember Tokyo called me when I was at your place yeah?" I asked but Dave didn't respond so I continued. I don't know what his beef with T was. "When I got home I called him back and I guess my mum overheard my conversation with him so she found out that I didn't go to do any assignment. You won't believe that she knew I kissed you that day." I said earning a gasp from Dave.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She said that the moment I walked through that door, she knew I went to kiss a guy because my lips were looking pinker than usual. I was slightly embarrassed but she seemed cool with the whole stuff making me ease out a bit." I said.