CHAPTER 48

Jasmine's POV.

All the requests for my passports, birth certificates and everything that had to do with my identification. So this was the reason behind it?

"Relax Jasmine, curiosity kills the cat, let time do the talking."

My dad's prolonged stay Nigeria.
So this is what it was for?
It wasn't for a car? But for a visa abroad?!

How can I just leave everything behind?

How can I leave my mum, Tokyo, Drey, Alex?

How can I leave Dave?

Just when things were beginning to go smoothly between us, my dad to take me away.
I have just three days to pack my things. All the necessary procedures had been made. All I have to do is get my things together and I'm flying there for my tertiary education.

They didn't even stop me from writing my WAEC examination all along since all of that is useless now.

How do I break this news to Dave? How do I tell him that I am going to study medicine in Canada and I will be there for seven years. . . or more?

The more I think about this, the more my heart breaks into a million pieces. It's like happiness was always given to me only for it to be taken away in no time.
My mum has been trying to make me see the bright side of things but I refuse to see it. There is nothing bright about this situation. I do not want to leave the people I love down here.

Starting all over in a new environment, trying to fit in, and making new friends. . .
How do I do that? Considering the fact that I am someone who hates socializing with people.

I remember when Kali was complaining to me about this. I never knew mine was right ahead of me.

Dave.

I need to reach out to him and break this sad news. The least I could do was to make the best memories out of this three days that has already started counting.

I go into my room and put on a black vest and a ripped in the knee baggy Jeans, accompanied with my bracelet and jewelry.
I apply my signature cologne and head out.

When I got to his apartment, I pressed on the doorbell and in nothing less than a minute, he came out with a gush of excitement all over him when he saw me.

"Hey baby, you didn't tell me you were coming over." I felt my heart ache at his words that I almost felt like crying.

In less than three days babe, you will never see me at your doorstep no more, for seven years.

"Instead of you to usher me in, you're blabbing about how you didn't see me coming." I tease him with a smile on my face, while inside, my heart was hurting. I was in pain.

"My bad, come in mama." He ushered me in.

"Why, thank you mister."

"Babe you won't believe what happened to me today!" Dave stated like he just remembered something very important as we settled down in his living room.

"What happened?" I asked, staring at him in an inquisitive manner.

"I tried this challenge I saw on Tik Tok and. . ." I kept on listening to him rant about whatever and I began to get lost in my own world.

All of this will be over very soon.
I will never get to see him again, or hug him, or kiss him, or lay on his bed in comfortable silence, just enjoying the tranquility.

I won't be able to ask him to come out whenever I feel bored so we could see. I won't be able to hold his hand and feel safe in his presence.

For seven years.