CHAPTER 35

"Aww your hair is pretty!
Your nails too damn!"

"Thank you love," I reply to one of my cousins who came around for the celebration.

"Is there anything to eat in the kitchen?" I ask her. I'm famished. A part of me regrets turning down Alex who wanted to get me lunch.

"Yeah, there is food in the kitchen, and plenty meat too."

I give a light chuckle to her statement and head for the kitchen.

"Is that my baby girl or it's someone else's child?" My mum asks as she makes her way to the dining room.

"It's your daughter oo." My cousin, Mitchell responds.

"Even me, I didn't recognize her when she stepped in." She added.

"What is all this na, you guys should stop whining me abeg." I reply, fighting the burning urge to smile.

"Who is whining you? You look pretty as hell dayum!" My mum hypes me up.

"Thank you, Ma." I respond as I continue to dig into my meal.

"Hope all those boys were not disturbing you too much on the road?"

"I took a cab so they didn't get the chance." I reply, smiling.

"Eat quickly so you can go and get the drinks I paid for from Mrs. Olamide's shop." My mum says, causing me to groan.

"Mummy na, I've not even rested from the place I came from," I whine.

"Who told you people rest during Christmas season? There is no rest for you till after New Year my love."

I just pout in response.

"Don't worry I'll permit you to take any drink of your choice when you get back," My mum says, trying to bribe me and I grin widely in return.

"Any drink at all?" I ask, smirking at her.

"You have my word baby girl." She replies.

I quickly finish up my food and head to the place where I'm to get the drinks.

When I get back home, Mitchell and I arrange the drinks in the refrigerator so they will be chilled.

We got a carton of can malt, a carton of Chi Exotic, a carton of can coke, a carton of can fanta and a carton of Sprite.

God knows I'm going to have a taste of each and everyone of the available  drinks.

After arranging the drinks in the refrigerator, I head to my room to take a nice, warm, shower.
I connect my phone to my speaker and S.M.A by Nasty C and Rowlene comes on.

How did I. . .
End up falling for you?
I find myself calling for you
Into the dark, I followed you
But I should have known, this ain't the type of shit I'd go through.

It feels like that song was written for me and Dave for real, because it really relates to our Love story.

I strip off from my clothes and put on a hair bonnet to prevent water from entering into my hair.

She ask me junior do you like it when I cry huh?
Do you consider my feelings when you lie?
You put me second to some bitch on the side, what?
You just gonna let a ride or die die inside, dayum.

I'm in my feelings again.
Can this ever be over?

"All I ever did was love you, I don't deserve to be punished.
I cut off all my friends for you what more do you want from me?!"
I scream in the bathroom as I rinse off my soapy body.