CHAPTER 27

"When did you begin to grow this sudden interest for Dave?
Because the last time I checked, you said you didn't like him for me."

Jasmine asked as she put down her fork and covered her food.
She suddenly lost the appetite to eat and talking about him like there was nothing going on ate her up more than you could possibly imagine.
It was really hard.

"Why did she have to keep talking about him!?"

"Dave is a really cool person,"
Chris began.

"It turns out that I just misunderstood him and judged him based on appearance the first time we met.
We've been talking since I left for Abuja the last time and he's a vibe!
I like him a lot.
The fact that he sees things the way I see them made me like him more too.
We relate well and we've experienced the same shits in the past."

Christ stated as a matter-of-fact.

All of this just began to remind Jasmine of how amazing Dave was.
Everybody got to love Dave, he's a sweetheart.

But No, she can't forget what he did to her. She can't just allow those sweet comments make her feel guilty for leaving. That was the last thing she would accept.

"Hey," Chris said waving his five fingers at Jasmine making her jerk back to reality.

"Yeah, I was listening."

"No you weren't
Hope I wasn't just yelling in your ears!?" Chris asked.

"I heard you. You were talking about how much you like Dave and shit. Now you see he's not as bad as you think he was right?"

Jasmine said, rolling her eyes.

Well, he actually was bad.

"Yeah, whatever."
Chris replied.

"I have school tomorrow chris, good night."

Jasmine stated, standing up suddenly and ending the conversation. She didn't even wait for his response before she walked out.

"There is definitely something up with this girl and I'm going to figure it out soon." Chris mumbled under his breath as he watched her walk into her room.

                      ******
Jasmine got into her room, locked her door and slid down to the ground as she hugged her knee to her chest.

"Fuck everybody!" She yelled. Her door was soundproof so no one could hear her.

"Fuck you Dave! Fuck my feelings! Fuck every fucking body!"

"Shit why does my heart have to skip a bit or start racing fast whenever his name is mentioned?"

"Why does he have to have so much impact on with the littlest things!?"

"Why is it so hard to get over him!?"

"I need help, shit!"

"God please, I don't know if I've offended you but please have mercy on me. I really don't deserve this pain.
God why did you send him to my life if he's going to cause so much pain at the end?
God please help me heal.
Help me move on.
I prayed to you and I got him now I'm praying for your help to forget about him
In Jesus name, Amen."

She stood up and wiped the lone tear that had dropped from her eyes down to her cheeks.
She took off her clothes that was still on, leaving her with her underwear.

She went to her mirror table to connect her phone to her speaker.
what I put you through by Conor Maynard came on immediately.

She went into the bathroom to have a quick shower and came out with her towel tied around her chest.
She put a hair bonnet over her head and then put on her nighties.
With that, she retired to bed.