CHAPTER 46b

The sight of what I saw automatically caused invulnerable tears to roll down my eyes.

"Surprise!"

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I couldn't even understand how the house I left some hours ago has turned into this.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday to you!" They all sang in chorus. I couldn't help but cry uncontrollably. People were videoing and my mum embraced me in a motherly hug.

"I didn't see this coming mum," I said as I pulled myself more I to her.

"That's the whole point love, that's why it's called a surprise party. You should thank Dave tho, he came up with the whole idea." I looked back at him to find him smiling at me. He gave me a small wave and I went back to hug him tightly, not minding the people in our midst.

Now I know why he kept checking his phone every now and then earlier today.

Also, now I know why he asked me to dress pretty.

"Thank you," I said as he rubbed my back.

"You deserve the world and I am going to give it to you if only you let me." We remain in that position for a while before I pull out of the hug. I felt someone's heavy gaze on me and my eyes scanned the room in search of the person who was staring. Immediately my eyes found the person, I screamed in excitement but the loud music didn't make it too obvious.

"Tokyo!" I hug him tightly and he hugged me too.

"Hi dolphin, happy birthday." I can't believe he came all the way for me.

"I'm so grateful T I can't believe you came for me." I said.

"I mean it's your eighteenth, it's either I'm here or nowhere else." He cups my face in excitement and I hold him too.

"When did you come?"

"I took the first flight to Lagos yesterday." A thought strikes my mind immediately.

"Wait! How did you know about all of this?" I ask in a questioning tone.

"Dave told me." Wow. I thought he didn't like us together? Guess he didn't have a choice. I quickly dismiss T and go and attend to the others who were present here, thanking them for honouring the invitation. Jojo was present too.

"Mum, where's dad?" I ask when I couldn't spot my dad anywhere.

"He was called for an urgent business's meeting but he'll be back soon I hope." I took in time to admire the whole scenery.

The event planner really did a great job. My house looked different. The light was quite dim and they was a balloon with the figure 1 and 8. There was also a banner printed Happy eighteenth  Jasmine.

The waiters who came to serve started off with an appetizer. Sausages were distributed to everyone present alongside with any drink of their choice. I went to meet Dave who handed a present to me. He asked me to open it and when I did, I was faced with the dress which I've been longing for. I've been saving up to go get it when my money is complete and to talk about the fact that this is the first present?! Well, according to him yeah.

This is more than enough already because the dress is quite expensive. I'm so elated right now.

"C'mon, go and change it quickly. I want to see how it looks on you." I kiss him on the cheek before walking into my room to change my outfit. I stared at my reflection in the mirror, I looked so gorgeous. I touch up my make-up, put on a silver heel and a silver purse accompanied with silver accessories. I sighed in satisfaction as I made my way back out.