CHAPTER 44.

Jasmine's POV.

Monday, 1st of March. 2022.

The weekend went by at a quicker pace and soon, it was Monday again. Another day to go to school. I'm so happy I'm leaving that school in less than four months. As always, Drey is the reason I'm excited to go to school.

It's presently 7:30am and I'm already on my way. My dad was nice enough to let his driver take me to school today.
I stare outside the window as we drive past beautiful flowers and houses. My school was about a thirty-five minutes ride to get there. I make small talks with my father's driver, asking him about his upcoming marriage.

He told me he had been seeing her for seven years and he was more than sure that she was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He said he met her in his final year of high school and ever since then, they've been going really strong. I feel really happy for them though and I really look forward to attending their wedding.

I'm sure my dad will support him financially too, being a very big preacher of love. Mr. Gerald might be a driver but he's earning more than what some people who work in an office make. My dad pays him 100,000 naira every month, considering the fact that he's a graduate and all. He's really educated but the condition of our country made him become who he is today.

At the end of the day, we must survive.

"We are here," I hear Mr. Gerald say, smiling sweetly at me.

"Thank you Mr. G." I say returning the gesture. Mr Gerald is still very young, being around his mid or late twenties but I just prefer adding the formalities when addressing him.

"You're welcome miss J. Have a nice day at school." He said before driving off.

Just as I was about to walk into the school gate, I heard someone call from behind making me stop to turn around.

"Lulu!"  It could only be one person calling me by that name. I ignored and kept on walking.

"Lulu wait for me na." Feeling slightly embarrassed, I fastened my pace. I was so going to kill this boy today. He just always enjoyed getting on my nerves. It felt like the big head fastened his tracks too because his footsteps sounded closer and his voice became clearer.

Soon enough, he got to me and wrapped his arms around my neck. "So you mean you will hear me calling you and you will not respond?" He was staring at me but I looked forward and kept walking.

I could feel holes burning through my skin from the stares we were getting from the students around but I didn't really mind. The whole school should know about us already with how close we have become overtime.

"Lulu!" He pressed further.

"Drey if I slap you ehh," I glare at him but then burst into laughter the moment my eyes met his. His face held a very funny expression that I couldn't withstand.

"Slap me, why?" He placed his right hand on his chest, feigning hurt.

"How many times have I told you to stop calling me that name?" I give him a chiding look. I was more serious now.

"But the name is sweet na." Drey pouted.

"I don't care, just stop calling me the name please." Ever since I told Drey what the .O. in my name represented, he has been using it to taunt me. I'm beginning to regret the day I made that mistake.

I can remember vividly, that day was in physics class. We were just done with our first test when that dumb question of his came up.

"I've been meaning to ask you this question but it has always skipped my mind whenever I had the chance to." He said, holding my notebook in his hands. We were still sit partners. As a matter of fact, we are still sit partners. He's like my only close friend in that class.