~Chapter 9~

🦋Author Note🦋
I wanted to give a shout out and say Thank You to BrianaRoss6   for all the votes she's given my chapters it means a lot to me🥰

Vincent's Point of View

"Come on. Text me back already." I thought frantically to myself.

"Good news! Master Lewis said Master Kenwood said we could come over :D <33" Ryan texted back.

"Finally, now I can see Ryan and possibly leave." I thought with mixed emotions.

I fell back into the bed taking a deep breath. Relaxing my nerves of what I over heard James say on the phone.

"And to think I began feeling something about him. I'm so stupid. I should've knew better." I thought to my self while building doubt and raising my insecurities.

Down the hallway, I began hearing foot steps approaching. I sat up on the bed and sat at the side with my head down. I knew it was James coming to get me. I did disobey an order from him...well sorta. Just then, I heard a knock at the door. I took a deep breath and stood up preparing myself to face James.

I opened the door to see a semi concerned and stern James. I looked to the side to avoid looking in his eyes.

"You were supposed to come to my office." He announced a bit annoyed.

I stayed quiet holding back my tears. Did he expect me to just go in to sit and listen as he belittled me?

"Why didn't you follow my order?"

"I heard you on the phone." I said with pain laced in my words. "I heard you say that it's hard enough to see me in the time we spent together." I looked down as I spoke to hide my welling tears. "I get it. I may not be in the best shape right now or the be the best looking sub you've seen, but I do have feelings ya know." I tried to hold back my tears but they seemed to overflow beyond my control.

"Vincent...."

"No. You said what you said. And I get it, I'm not the most attractive or best submissive you've probably had but....could I at least have the respect of leaving with the dignity I still have when my friend come?" While speaking I let the tears leak out while looking down to the floor. I've never felt this utterly rejected in my life. At least when that ass hat ass clown Peter rejected and de-collared me, I course sensed it coming and didn't feel as bad.

"Vincent Stop. Look at me. Now." James said sternly while lifting my head up by my chin. "You took what I said in a negative manner. I didn't say what I said with disgust. I said it in a defeated manner. Quite frankly your the first submissive I've ever grown to connect and open to about small things in my life, yet alone anything. While being by your side today, before I went to do paperwork, I found our time pleasant together. Hell..the time we spent eating and talking I felt quite engaged with you. And Christ, do you not see how fucking attractive you look to me."

I was at a loss for words. I would have never thought James would've reacted like this and respond the way he did.

I stayed silent not answering James rhetorical question. Was he being serious in wanting an answer?

Just then James reached for my arm and guided me to the bathroom and stood behind me while beginning to speak again.

"You may not see it,but to be honest Vincent, your breath taking. And those bruises." He lifted my shirt gently and continued speaking. "Your bruises to me symbolize your strength. They don't disgust me in any way. If anything, they make me worry about you more and want to provide more comfort to you. I know deep down you've faced probably more horrible things in the time that asshole claimed you as his. And I promise, he'll get what's coming to him."