~Chapter 42~

~James' Point of View~

After dropping the boys off at the café, I began to make my way towards my office. When I made my way inside, I was sure many of my employees noticed my tense state; since majority of them got back to work swiftly after greeting me. When I was finally alone in my office, I flopped down in my chair stressfully. I had countless meetings to attend that I already knew would be about bullshit. Not to mention my anticipation to swing by Peter's place had me more than slightly aggressive today.

As the day dragged on I felt in the pit of my stomach that something wasn't right. I had made the initiation to call Mr.Collins and check on the boys, but he informed me that they were okay. Even though he tried to convince me that they were fine, the feeling I had didn't go away.

I made sure to take my lunch break later than usual so I could visit the boys when their rush hour was over.

As I drove to the café I felt odd. Like something still wasn't right. When I parked my car, I picked up on how deserted the street was. There wasn't as much people walking up and down the sidewalk as usually. Not to mention the traffic today was slow. Only a few cars drove by here and there.

As I walked towards the entrance of the café I noticed the blinds were pulled low and opened slightly. Mr.Collins only pulled the blinds like that when he was out for a moment. When I went to pull the door handle open, I heard yelling and crying. I felt my heart drop to my stomach as I realized that Vincent and Noah were both in danger. I yanked the door opened so harshly I was sure I left the door handle bent.

I saw red once I entered and saw Vincent balling with tears flowing down his face. He was kneeling in front of Peter looking as if he was guarding the kitchen door with his life. I immediately charged towards Peter with hatred laced with every step I took. Peter finally took notice to my presence as I got closer and jumped over the counter in front of Vincent. He ultimately back away as he seen me stand protectively with my face contorted into a look of pure rage.

"Get the fuck outta my way!" Your blocking me from my sub!" He spat towards me.

"Your sub!?! He belongs to me as of now." I proclaimed. I took notice to Vincent's ownership papers in his hands and quickly made the decision to take them from him. I lunged forward and snatched them. "You never treated him like a respected sub." I argued at him while standing inches away from his face and handing Vincent his papers from behind me. I heard him timidly sniffle as he got up from the floor to retrieve the papers from my hand that I held them from. Once he took the papers, Peter began to look infuriated. He shoved me back so hard I barely had enough reaction time to brace myself from slamming back into Vincent. I manage to dodge him as he flinched from out of my way when I bumped into the the kitchen swinging door. I was now left in the kitchen to catch my breath. He had definitely caught me off guard and knocked the wind out of me. But before I could collect my thoughts, he shoved Vincent off to the side and rammed through the still swinging doors after me.

He was dead now. He grabbed a small and thin knife from the knife holder and charged towards me without a second to waste.

"NO!"

I focused on Peter as I heard Vincent cry out. I took my strong stance as Peter charged viciously at me. I grabbed his hand with the knife and directed his arm upwards, and slammed my fist straight into the center of his face with my other hand. A deafening crack was heard as blood began pouring from his nose a second later. But for some reason, he wasn't stopping to grasp his now broken nose. He kept pursing forward to attack me. He managed to get a hit in when I tried to back up to give myself some distance to predict his movement.